What you will get

Ram-512MB
HDD-25 upon request you can get 35GB
+
Remote desktop all for just 18$

http://www.hostxweb.com/client/cart.php?gid=3

server speed 100mpbs

To contact us simply email support at hostxweb.com

Network Providers: Level3, AT&T, Cable&Wireless, Internap, Savvis, and UUNET (MCI).

payment mode paypal

13 comments
IMHO A 512mb VPS is not well suited for Remote Desktop.

I use the RD from NOMACHINES but it takes around 200+ extra MB of Ram to run ... and that's on Linux. I'll guess it will take even more on a Windows server.

Furthermore, looking at your bandwith provider, I wonder if this is a offshore (warez) offer ....

If it is, please provide the content allowed.

IMHO A 512mb VPS is not well suited for Remote Desktop.

I use the RD from NOMACHINES but it takes around 200+ extra MB of Ram to run ... and that's on Linux. I'll guess it will take even more on a Windows server.

Furthermore, looking at your bandwith provider, I wonder if this is a offshore (warez) offer ....

If it is, please provide the content allowed.

no you are wrong a 512mb ram will work good if have good hardware and cpu

also this server from offshore only,but i wrongly provided the bandwith providers

You're sure you have any idea about selling VPS ...

Good hardware and CPU? It all comes down to RAM when running applications. And graphical desktops take up a lot of RAM. You're out of RAM faster than you might think.

If you run Linux with MysQL and not too many other processes you easily reach 300+Mb .. and that's without a (Remote) Desktop.

I am on a VPS with 1Gb RAM and a Intel 720 (8 cores) processor.

You're sure you have any idea about selling VPS ...

Good hardware and CPU? It all comes down to RAM when running applications. And graphical desktops take up a lot of RAM. You're out of RAM faster than you might think.

If you run Linux with MysQL and not too many other processes you easily reach 300+Mb .. and that's without a (Remote) Desktop.

I am on a VPS with 1Gb RAM and a Intel 720 (8 cores) processor.

iam sure all depend on the CPU and RAID setup

720 is HT you need physical 8 cores

i test Benchmark with RAID10 dual xeon 5430 haveing just 256mb ram given 480 score

but in i7 920 without raid with 748mb ram just given 341 score

see linux all memory will be cached unless there is swap

Hostxweb.com simply scam hosting ! I advise you members dont signup there avoid some unwanted happenings they wont refund your money in that way i lost my 7$ for using reseller hosting 5$(13 days),and a shared hosting 2$(8 days) i didnt like their service so I told him to delete my all account and refund that 7$ but the owner told itll take 48 hrs to process.So i waited that time.But after that also he didnt processed,i asked him via support ticket he didnt answered.So i decided to claim it via paypal but till now he didnt give a single answer.The owner of hostxweb yajur he cheated me.Now im waiting for paypal escalation.So members of this forum dont fall in attractive offers if you want a good host just go anywhere,leave this hostxweb.com even dont think abt to enter hostxweb.com & save your money.I experienced it so im sharing this for your goodness.

iam sorry that you had bad time with us,now we imporved a lot

iam sure that this time we will full fill you

Please refrain from filling elio full of anything, unless its cock then put it in his ears :P

sorry to hear your servers are bad by reputation :( was interested

cheers
dot

Hostxweb.com simply scam hosting ! I advise you members dont signup there avoid some unwanted happenings they wont refund your money in that way i lost my 7$ for using reseller hosting 5$(13 days),and a shared hosting 2$(8 days) i didnt like their service so I told him to delete my all account and refund that 7$ but the owner told itll take 48 hrs to process.So i waited that time.But after that also he didnt processed,i asked him via support ticket he didnt answered.So i decided to claim it via paypal but till now he didnt give a single answer.The owner of hostxweb yajur he cheated me.Now im waiting for paypal escalation.So members of this forum dont fall in attractive offers if you want a good host just go anywhere,leave this hostxweb.com even dont think abt to enter hostxweb.com & save your money.I experienced it so im sharing this for your goodness.

first my sorry about your issue

i personally seeb your issue at that time i seen yajur replied it will be process in 48hrs(business days) before that you open dispute.open dispute is against our TOS

you may should wait for while before opeing dispute

I have a hostxweb rdp account, I'm not a heavy user so I cant really vouch on the uptime or speed.

I think that person trying to get his $7 back is pathetic, its only $7 and with that sort of money you take risks when paying for shared hosting, thats just the way it works.

And the people who keep ripping on the fact there is only 512mb ram for rdp are waste of posts. They seem like linux fans and dont realise that 512mb ram is a good amount for windows xp/2003 servers for rdp access. I run FTP/Apache/MySql/Php/Proxy all on the vps.

I will admit their support isn't the best but if you persist, you do get what you ask for.

Pathetic? Of course, it isn't.

There is a rule in business .... you pay, you get the goods and you get what you expect from it.

If not, than a refund should take place (within reasonable terms) no matter what amount.

512 is fine for XP. You can't really do much with it, but if all you want is to use it as an expensive proxy its perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back