VPS Windows 7 VPS - Encoding - 1Gbits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Entertainment

Hey guys,

after gigaservers has stopped the service, i am searching for a new VPS Server. I need Windows 7 because the video converter i am using supports only Win XP/Vista/Win7/Win8.

Its very important the VPS has 4 cores+ CPU beacause i need the whole power to convert videos. Additional i will need 1GBits connection to download via Netload/Share-Online (20-30MB/s would be ok).

HDD should be about 200-500GB space (Raid 10 would be the best to unrar files)

I would pay about 65$/month.

regards

9 comments
Its Freemake Video Converter. I have tried a lot of software and freemaker is in my opinion the fastest encoder which need less CPU power and the video quality is very nice too.

Hello,
i suggest you stylexnetworks.com, have cloud hosting vps, have Windows 7 and more other windows and not have extra cost for windows license. very good and stable provider.
i have One Dedicated Node vps from this provider.

I just install it on windows web server 2008. but while converting video it auto shut down...so its not support win2008??
and for servers have a look on hostplate dedi

I just install it on windows web server 2008. but while converting video it auto shut down...so its not support win2008??
and for servers have a look on hostplate dedi

Nope, freemake video converter is not supported in Windows Server. This is official information from developers. you need to use something else instead.

@lib3rty1, Just now I tested it. Worked on a dedi with Win2008 R2 Std 64bit. But Didn't worked on a KVM VPS with Win2008 R2 Std 64bit.

@Entertainment, Your budget is too low. The app uses full cpu power all time; so better look for a dedi.

@lib3rty1, Just now I tested it. Worked on a dedi with Win2008 R2 Std 64bit. But Didn't worked on a KVM VPS with Win2008 R2 Std 64bit.

@Entertainment, Your budget is too low. The app uses full cpu power all time; so better look for a dedi.

It is odd as I have tested these on few dedi with various configs and I allways had crash while clicking convert to.

I have tried now "ScopeHosts.Com" and the service is nice at the moment. They have install Win 7 OS to NL VPS - DIAMOND. Download/Upload is very nice at about 20-80 MB/s. Enconding is very fast too. Unrar is a little slow but its ok. I am thinking about to upgrade to PLATINUM VPS because i will get non-shared hdd. This could solve the unrar problem/speed.

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back