Will Google+ be successful?

Will Google+ be successful or a flop like Buzz?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Happy

If you still haven't heard of Google+ then you need to read more news. Google+ which was launched yesterday is it's latest answer to Facebook and unlike it's earlier Google Buzz and Google Wave attempts at social has being getting excellent reviews.

It's invite at this early stage so if your not invited you have to wait a while.

So anyway will Google finally succeed at social? Remember it's Facebook users they are after. Poll closes in a week to keep this current.

Last edited:
67 comments
Leave all your private details to Google
Well one of the reason it's getting good reviews is pretty much nothing is on by default like Facebook or Buzz. It's privacy policy is one of the best as far as Social Networking sites go. They've learned from that mistake.

Just like facebook replaced myspace, something has to replace facebook and i think only google has the finances + capability to replace facebook. So chances are that google+ will be successful.

Facebook came at right time. MANY social networks came after facebook, but none of them have such popularity. And I believe in this case timing is much bigger factor than how much they can invest in it.
You can have better drink from Coca Cola, and have billions to invest. But, Coke is like 100 years there, ppl won't give up on it just because you have fancy advert.

It's the same how Google became popular. They came at right time.
They could grab just a tiny piece of Facebook users, but nothing too much.

Unless Facebook gets impact with something like shutting down, or network collapse, or some similar disaster, I don't think Google stands a chance in taking over.

Facebook isn't there to be replaced,like childish myspace. And they have $hitload of money to respond to every Google's move.

Last edited:
Okay, so there's a Plus One button. But what next after pressing it? ^o) Unlike in facebook that when u click the like button ur friends can see the link that u liked.

Yes, its very well thought through.

But it'll never be as big as facebook, fb is already established and is much more appealing than any other network.

id6i94.png

I think it will be successful.

The reason why I don't use myspace is that it takes 15 seconds to load unlike Facebook or G+

For some time, I think G+ will be ad-free, which is great.

I think it will be successful ..............just waiting for someone to invite me................

Frankly speaking Facebook is badly crowded now..............so people are waiting for some other Social Networking Site & GOOGLE + is launched at right time.......

I think this time Google with own social network will be successful, even Google fails with Buzz and Google Wave.

Hard to say if it will be a flop, so i voted unsure. But after looking at it in the demos and videos they have of it it looks pretty cool,much better then Wave and Buzz imo. The problem they are going to have though in competing with Facebook,is Facebook kind of has a stranglehold on that particular niche atm,and a large percentage of the regular users of Facebook are so addicted to it,and honestly scared of trying anything new,take for example of that anytime Facebook has made new changes a large majority of the people on there bitch and whine about it. Google is going to have a helluva time getting avid Facebook users to move to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back