why there's a racism to indians in wj?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think most Westerners do not have a thorough understanding of Indian people and their culture. They are not all illiterate, smelly, noisy and cheap charlies though.

Here in Bangkok most bars and clubs do hold 'For members only' in Indian faces and ban them.

9YnTy.png

why there's a racism to indians in wj?
i see alot of topics that has explicit racism to indians? <_<
btw i'm not indian but i think there's a fight inside the topics in wj between the indians and other members =) not all sure but i think some of them.
Please ignore those topics and if you feel offended there is a report button.

---

In fact I think it's toned down a lot the Racism on WJunction compared to what it used to be. Either that or I've become immune to it which isn't a good sign. If their is anything serious the staff deal with it. If it's something the staff haven't seen just report it.
(y)

---

we hate pakis, we tolerate the indians...deal with it :|
We dont like the smell of curry on in the forum threads, thats all!

Stop being rude. -.-

---

Maybe RosettaStone download should be sent via pm and email to all new registrations.

Now on topic, its a lot better now. Just report the post.
(y)

You're looking at it the wrong way. It's not racism in WJunction, it's racism in the world. You need to understand that the internet is mostly used to express words that you wouldn't normally be able to share them in the real world, which gives each individual a sense of false freedom and power.

Of course, there is a huge factor of ignorance to racism, for example, the ignorant racist people that think Bangladesh is a city in India.

You only feel that it's in WJunction because you've experienced it here more than any other place, and that is also most likely because you spend a lot of time here. Racism is everywhere, whether it's hidden behind politically correct terms, or publicly in stand up comedy and sitcoms, it's just something you need to learn to accept.

The main problem is, this is an English speaking forum, and because there are so many people from different parts of the world, conflict exists. Whether it's because someone is unable to communicate in English, or someone trying to defend their culture to someone that doesn't even know where your country is on the map.

In all fairness, whether you see racists comments that are just aimed to hurt or comments used in a "fun conversation", despite all that, the level of racial and ethnicity tolerance in this virtual world, WJunction world, is higher than any place on the planet.

Yes, there are racial comments, yes there are arguments, but at the end of the day we all forget it, because it has no meaning, it's only to kill time, and we're all able to help each other, communicate and even conduct business deals.

So, don't take it seriously. You should always strip away your race, religion and belief when you're online, because that's not why you're here in WJunction, going through such a process is moot, without a purpose.

Also, I would like to say, India is a great country, a great nation, that through out the history had major positive impacts, and it's growing stronger every day, no one can change that and no one can deny it. Whoever denies that fact is naive and ignorant, so, never take that person's word seriously.

Love is in the air people, group hug time.

There's racism everywhere you go. Just have to deal with it and accept it and eventually it would go away, but everyone even governments always make a big deal out of it and makes it worse :/ Sound Indians are dumbasses, some blacks are dumb asses, some whites are dumb asses, and yeah you see where this is going. People fear a difference.

I have to disagree with most of you as you are looking at it the wrong way. Racism and most types of hate nowadays are fueled through bad experiences from a few people of that ethnicity (known as discrimination). The fact that there are lot more indians in the world (and on wjunction) increases the chance for a "bad experience" to happen and fuel some form of dislike for them.

In short, because there are more indians, there are more bad seeds which leads some of us to discriminate the whole race.

Just a personal example, I've dealt with multiple uploaders and there was one that was paid and got my site banned. He didn't even have the decency to give me a refund, so I told him some derogatory terms like "you're the worst uploader" " you're a dumbass" etc. then he started insulting me personally, my site and my mother escalating it to another level. This led me to think less of all indian uploaders, but there have been a few that have created good experiences and I'm back to normal.

Hell, I don't know why I write so much, no one reads these unless I'm elj.

Not everyone is a racist here..but I can easily make a list of members who make racist comments intentionally and more frequently , and they wont change .

I used to take those comments personally, but its waste of time as the comments are just for making fun and nothing else, and that too that too the so called racists here are just Internet Trolls.

Other reasons for the racism may be because that they are not able to see Indians grow , Indians are leading every field these days ( even warez ) and those racists are not able to tolerate it .

Problem with Indians here is that ,even if they know proper English, they tend to use l33t language, which others may not feel l33t at all ..

Example : hey u pls hlp me , etc etc..
this may piss off some members here.

So any Indian reading this thread, please stop using SMS language here and start typing proper English .

And just stop taking things personally and move on ! as no racist can stop any one from growing .

^^ agree with you mate, almost 90 percent of indians i have dealt with were scammers, even in real life here in the cyber cafe, i employed like 5-8 indians until now and all of them came out to be thieves.

Well, I really take up racist things as like personal attacks on me. I feel that the retarded minds who mark racist comments are making fun of me. This produces a negative impact on my mind and that provokes me to always remember the user who has passed on a racist comment. In due time, when my turn comes, I eventually take the revenge and its all down.

So its like, you throw a small pebble at me, I throw a big stone at you (not st0ne xD <3 ya)

I end up taking revenges often :p with people's websites :p But, I really feel bad when I do that. But, the thought "He marked a racist comment on my nation" gives a second opinion that I'm doing no wrong by taking the revenge.

I have done major harm to the internet trolls in someway or the other whenever they crossed their limits of racism.

When its a joke, I joke about them too, so it gets nullified.

I agree that many people here speak broken english, that is because most the users write in the "SMS Language" and which even I object as it becomes hard to read & interpret what they are really trying to say.

Also, the time has gone when there were many illiterates in India.

And, there is fact for the douche retarded racist people here, in the western world, Indian origin teachers are hired to teach them English (I seriously LOL'd) & Mathematics.
http://www.teflindia.in/indian_teachers_abroad.shtml

Also, India is the 3rd largest nation speaking english in the world.
Fact : http://www.tesol-ua.org/teach-english/india/

Hope this settle downs the racism acts against Indians.

Also, dare not to again mark on a racist comment, if it crosses the limit, then hide your ass as I may get you in no time.

Well guys this is the internet you won't be here for a long time
just enjoy every bit of it
Yes there will be people who will offense you and your religion
I am a Indian too but what i have accomplished throughout can't be ignored
yes people will say many things about you your family but well god has given them mouth to speak only.You can't actually shut their mouths up.
Well my suggestion is that this is the internet you will find people from many races casts religion you can't just go around feeling embarrassed or being personally hurt by their comments.If you think their comments hurt you personally then the ones you have faced here are single or 2-3 guys but what happens if u meet a full group of people you wouldn't be able to tolerate it

So just chill man don't take anything personally :)

Perhaps because Indians pull out the race card at every opportunity they get just like you have done here on behalf of them. Even when it's not racism, they cry racism which obviously leads for more racism.

On this forum though, I think most of animosity is due to Indians speaking broken English, some intentionally and some out of illiteracy.

Last but not the least, when you are on the internet, you gotta grow a thick skin. Lots of people will say lots of things against you, your community and your religion but taking offense to those will only cause you grief. You can't expect everyone to have tolerance towards your religion or culture, that's a given. At the end of the day, it's not a one way traffic. Many Indians love being racist to people from other cultures as well & even their own kind I am afraid.

I can answer that question in a very civilised and understandable manner by pointing out 5 reasons why "indians are hated" not just on wj, but mostly, everywhere.

#1. This is probably for me, one of the main reasons; cause indians/paki's are smelly & HAIRY bastards.
#2. Their accents makes homeless Africans look like Harvard graduates.
#3. There are too many bloody of them scattered all over the place, you cannot find a place where there are no indians or paki's with their silly cornershops and petrol stations.
#4. Most paki's and indians, especially here in the UK think because they've shacked up 150 paki's and indians in one house and saved a fortune and made some money that they are better than other people.
#5. Did i mention these bastards are hairy? Even their bitches got hair, ask an indian girl or paki girl to bend over and look at her ass/back. DISGUSTING.

Now, I know I said civilised, but anybody that knows me can vouch that this is as civil as I've been for a long while. Oh, and this is the first post that didn't contain donkey, till now, donkeys.

I wish thus everyone throughout WJ could speak proper english :|

Irony, oh you are ever so beautiful.

You're looking at it the wrong way. It's not racism in WJunction, it's racism in the world. You need to understand that the internet is mostly used to express words that you wouldn't normally be able to share them in the real world, which gives each individual a sense of false freedom and power.

Of course, there is a huge factor of ignorance to racism, for example, the ignorant racist people that think Bangladesh is a city in India.

You only feel that it's in WJunction because you've experienced it here more than any other place, and that is also most likely because you spend a lot of time here. Racism is everywhere, whether it's hidden behind politically correct terms, or publicly in stand up comedy and sitcoms, it's just something you need to learn to accept.

The main problem is, this is an English speaking forum, and because there are so many people from different parts of the world, conflict exists. Whether it's because someone is unable to communicate in English, or someone trying to defend their culture to someone that doesn't even know where your country is on the map.

In all fairness, whether you see racists comments that are just aimed to hurt or comments used in a "fun conversation", despite all that, the level of racial and ethnicity tolerance in this virtual world, WJunction world, is higher than any place on the planet.

Yes, there are racial comments, yes there are arguments, but at the end of the day we all forget it, because it has no meaning, it's only to kill time, and we're all able to help each other, communicate and even conduct business deals.

So, don't take it seriously. You should always strip away your race, religion and belief when you're online, because that's not why you're here in WJunction, going through such a process is moot, without a purpose.

Also, I would like to say, India is a great country, a great nation, that through out the history had major positive impacts, and it's growing stronger every day, no one can change that and no one can deny it. Whoever denies that fact is naive and ignorant, so, never take that person's word seriously.

Love is in the air people, group hug time.

You should become a writer. Take common sense and expand on it till it's a book!

I can answer that question in a very civilised and understandable manner by pointing out 5 reasons why "indians are hated" not just on wj, but mostly, everywhere.

#1. This is probably for me one of the main reasons, cause indians/paki's are smelly & HAIRY bastards.
#2. Their accents makes homeless Africans look like Harvard graduates.
#3. There are too many bloody of them scattered all over the place, you cannot find a place where there are no indians or paki's with their silly cornershops and petrol stations.
#4. Most paki's and indians, especially here in the UK think because they've shacked up 150 paki's and indians in one house and saved a fortune and made some money that they are better than other people.
#5. Did i mention these bastards are hairy? Even their bitches got hair, ask an indian girl or paki girl to bend over and look at her ass/back. DISGUSTING.

Now, I know I said civilised, but anybody that knows me can vouch that this is as civil as I've been for a long while. Oh, and this is the first post that didn't contain donkey, till now, donkeys.

There are prolly Millions of Indians and pakis that are Richer, Smarter, Better, Faster, Stronger, Sexier, Better, Happier than you.

I haven't noticed any racism. I don't mind the misuse of the English language as long as the person typing isn't trying to sound like a smarty pants or trying to correct someone else's grammar.

In fact, it's a great way for people to practice their language skills imo. English is the only language I know, propz to those learning more!

CasaNova, you donkey <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back