Status
Not open for further replies.

nYXem

I really don't get it. What's the point in banning them? Is it just to restrict their access to the site? Obviously not, since they can easily come back using a proxy and a new account and scam more people. Why not just give them the rank of a "Scammer" rather than banning them? Yes, they can still make a new account, but the chances are obviously less than the first case.

40 comments
I tried something liek this on Dexozoft, I gave all the trolls their own usergroup called Turds.
TBF i think it did help, Everyone knew who they were and just ignored the trolling, it also made it easier for us to keep control of them.

No, chances could be the same, but there's no harm in trying, right?

Also, if you mark a member as "Scammer" that will keep you safe from that guy in other sites too where he's not yet banned. Say a guy is banner here in WJ for scaming, but not yet banned in DP. So he may scam there too. But when you see him there, you will be cautious since you already know that he scammed here in WJ. Go the point?

I really don't get it. What's the point in banning them? Is it just to restrict their access to the site? Obviously not, since they can easily come back using a proxy and a new account and scam more people. Why not just give them the rank of a "Scammer" rather than banning them? Yes, they can still make a new account, but the chances are obviously less than the first case.

Wtf? If they can get in using a proxy, why wouldnt they do the same when they're ranked as scammer?
lol :facepalm:

Guys please read this part again

Also, if you mark a member as "Scammer" that will keep you safe from that guy in other sites too where he's not yet banned. Say a guy is banner here in WJ for scaming, but not yet banned in DP. So he may scam there too. But when you see him there, you will be cautious since you already know that he scammed here in WJ. Go the point?

So say if we put them into this "Scammer" group right, what's stopping them from making an account on DP or whatever site under a new name?

Nothing, so i fail to see what good this would be.

But there's a problem.
Say, If a Respected member scams someone (which is quite possible)
Will he be given a "Respected Scammer" rank ?

If he has "Banned" user title, it's more than obvious that he did something bad, hence there's no need for the "Scammer" user title.

What's wrong with simply banning them? It's not like those who are looking for them can't Google out their username(s) , email(s) , or domain(s) of their site(s)...

Remember Elio? Respected member, SuperMod and what not. Then, bang, he scammed.

Now, I think this is not the only site where he earned some reputation with that username. So if you see him selling something in some other forum, you will be away from him because you know he scammed someone here.

And just think, if you get banned in one forum, would you change your username in all other forums where you're registered with the same name? Obviously not.

I don't understand what's the harm in trying. Sticking to the current policy is not helping, so just try a new policy, if it also doesn't work, come back to the current one. Simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back