Why do people use alertpay over paypal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thecompgame

Personally iv had a bad experience with alterpay from the start, everything about them seems wrong lol.
Just a couple weeks ago i created a account so i could send money to someone for a service and it wouldn't even let me add a credit card it kept giving me some error while i have the same card on my paypal working fine, infact i tried 2 cards and neither worked.
If your worried about getting verified its easy on paypal...im 14 and i got verified (that is of course with my dads info ;) )
and nobody even accepts alertpay anywhere, and paypal is accepted almost everywhere you shop.
Also paypals support is very good, i'v called them 2 times when i had a issue when they wanted me to verify my account, i couldn't because well im 14, and you need to be 18 to have a paypal account so what they did was they told me to make one of my parents make a paypal account (so i made one under there name) and they transfered all the money i had on my account to the account under my dads name, and then i just verified that account and so far its been fine...

38 comments
^^I'm an Indian and Paypal is not supported (cannot send money) in my country, hence I prefer Alertpay.

I'm sure the case is similar with majority of people using Alertpay ;)

Im not sure if india is supported on not but it should be...and lots of people from india don't use paypal for some reason.

Only kids don't use because they need cc and bank....:facepalm:

Well, i also prefer using paypal , its best way to pay, easy to manage!

I just use one CC and Bank account and make payments with VCC, i m using HDFC bank!:))

Im not sure if india is supported on not but it should be...and lots of people from india don't use paypal for some reason.

I am not from India i am from Serbia and here pp is not supported.

@ipowerz:If i am correct you say in some topic i think it was topic about virginity or something like that nvm that you are 16 year old so you still bellong to that group no hard fealings thought :))

Some Indians think that Paypal is banned in India.
It's not true.
If you link your CC to PP acc, then you can send money like a Normal User.

My experience with paypal goes 4 years back and I personally guarantee you that they are very bad.
Even when you are verified there will come a time that they screw you over by closing down your account. There are stories on the enter like one from a game developer with a million dollars in his account that just got closed down. Being verified doesnt mean anything.

There is a good reason why there are a ton of websites out there like www.screwpaypal.com.
Now, AlertPay doesnt have such sites, if you look into it a little deeper, Alertpay ks less supported then PayPal, but Alertpay is the gateway for all those who arent welcome with paypal.

As a company you need to be able to rely on your payment gateway, on paypal you cant.
What I really think is bad, when they close your a ccount you need to wait 6 months for your money, in the hope that after half a year you have forgotten it.

There are several cases against paypal because they do not obey the rules that banks have to obey, I hope tyey lose them.
Banks have rules, like they cannot just shutdown accounts.

All by all, a deeper experience will show that paypal is the worst gateway on the internet.

Some Indians think that Paypal is banned in India.
It's not true.
If you link your CC to PP acc, then you can send money like a Normal User.
:D I am from Bangladesh and Paypal does not support Bangladesh. SO I do use Alertpay. But So far I know Paypal have imposed a lot of limits and restrictions only for the indian users which is pretty unfair !!! That is why I guess people are swapping to alertpay :)

Well i aint a super noob who saw web now only. i am online since 2005 and i have been using paypal from that time itself. From my experience i can say is that your money isnt safe with it especially for indians. they may block at anytime saying blah blah. If u create vcc's and use it for transactions each time, they will limit for permanent saying u a scum bag. for me alertpay is pretty nice alternative except in the case of withdrawal. ;)

Maibie is a AVS error, (i dont know if alertpay have AVS ) did u added other name on owner credit card? or other billing Adress?
P.S:AVS = ADRESS VERIFICATION SERVICE

well i really like alertpay as paypal tends to bug you even with your money,alertpay just have their pin security they don't disturb you by asking you if its you who made that payment and they don't limit your account i guess.

Hi
I am from Morocco and my big problem on my freelancing works is PAYPAL
I can't use it because I can't send money
and a lot of costumers use only PP and here is the problem :'(
in the last days I started accepting payment by Godaddy Gift cards from costumers whome use only PP
and now I have about $90 on godaddy which I can use only to buy from there :'(
I am trying to sell my gift cards by Alertpay but it is hard to find someone to buy !

For some reason, some indian still use PP

Eh? Paypal is more useful than Alertpay in receiving money. They support Indian Banks which alertpay don't. For some reason, some indians are really ignorant. :facepalm:

PS: I use both. Primarily Paypal. Alertpay for sending money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back