WHMCS-One of the most popular billing systems gets hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well them taking so long to release the database could mean they are stripping parts out
if they we not they would have just released it by now

Also if this site is any morals they would have secured cc info and stuff incase this kind of thing happened

also i guess this is something of interest
iiVk2.png

HostGator sucks, their staff may be involving to leak the company information with hackers.

But this is disgusting whcm, they are the huge company in world, and even they don't have their own IT center or Data center. it means the whcm eat huge amount of benefits in less investing.

What a UN-professional company.

But Jesse, Why they don`t buy secure server from the main data center (Softlayer/The Planet).
Data center support/security always good enough then hosting reseller.
This type security breach not good for us all.
That`s my though....:)

Last edited:
.:Raymond:. - did it ever go off line?

yes it had

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 PM ----------

Quick tip to all current WHMCS users

"Disclaimer: I accept no responsibility from anything that happens from you doing or not doing anything I suggest or do not suggest. I.e. do this at your own risk.

Add this to the end of your configuration.php in WHMCS right before the last ?>:
Code:
 if(isset($_GET['licensedebug']))
 {
 unset($_GET['licensedebug']);
 exit('Sorry');
 }

This will cause the ?licensedebug to fail (as well as the version with a few arguments that will invalidate your local license and force a remote check). It's not the be-all and end-all to security by any means, but will help protect you (at least a little bit).

Edit: Apparently some people couldn't figure this out so here is the "summary" of this fix: "It keeps people from remotely disabling your WHMCS license while the WHMCS Licensing servers are offline." This is a **fix**, it won't invalidate your license."

Source : http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpost.php?p=8138281&postcount=172

One part tells me "script kiddies smh", another part tells me "should've secured your shits" another part says "oh you're from lulzsec? kill yourself"

If it isn't the box that is compromised, would it mean that the script is compromised? This isn't very useful at all, it annoys me that people have to go around destroying software in malicious ways for 'fun'. I know most kids/teens 'hack' for fun and then most of the older generation hack for actual reasons such as political reasons.

Pretty disappointed as this is the second time it has happened since I have been using the software. I hope the hacker gets caught, as all the hacker has really done is majorly inconvenience a lot of good people trying to earn an honest living.

Humanity never seizes to amaze me.

I removed my previous message as all it did was spread pointless negativity, which there is no need for.

I've had a pizza take about an hour and half to get to my door and it was cold when I opened it, I still ate it, shit happens, if the pizza delivery guy wanted to go for a 40 minute break instead of delivering my pizza there isn't anything I can do about it.

What's the point in complaining if you can't change what has happened, I don't see the point in speaking about something that I can't prevent, won't be able to prevent, and generally don't have a great deal of interest in.

Obviously things happen in life that aren't too great, but it's all about being mature and dealing with things in a sensible manor. Soon people will be getting shot for delivering late pizzas.

Albeit, it appears that WHMCS got 'owned' with help/support from JoshTheGod. Josh must have some pretty mad skills to be considered a god.

Its not like he killed a child man lighten up

I wouldn't call it being immature ether i would call it having a sense of humour

I lol'd when i read it

I don't really see it as humour as it's causing distraught to another person but then again, my perspective on the world is pretty different to most peoples.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back