Status
Not open for further replies.

funxlab

Hi Everyone,
In my office VPN is blocked, but some people can use hotspot Shield on their cell phones though, I don't know how it works but sometime it connects me with hotspot Shield and sometime not. I want to know which VPN can't be blocked in office environment, we use Barracuda Firewall.

Thank you.

11 comments
Admin install rights will be required to install in some environments. I used my vpn service and it worked, but the network guy was kinda green and it worked at this place I was working at. Not so lucky at the next place I tried. I use noirvpn, but its not the vpn service but the environment that's the issue.
As mentioned, should work OK, with Android device or other phone, does with me when I use noirvpn, my vpn provider.
They sent me set up details and worked first time.

noirvpn ...lol..that guy was so funny. He kept sending me mails, when I didn't try his free trial finally he said..if you don't try then you aren't real VPN user and we don't need your money. I was like..what did I say :$

Anyways, I wanted to know which VPN can't be blocked in any environment, i.e. PPTP, OpenVPN , L2TP ? And which protocol Hotshot Shield is using. I am not talking about installation, as that isn't an issue, issue is how to make it work in office.
Thank you.

Short answer, you can't. You need access rights. All vpn works the same.

Not sure what you mean about noirvpn, I asked them, they gave me a test run , it worked to my satisfaction, I became a member.
Really, if you asked for a test run, and blow them off, then the response you mention , would be in order. Can't say anything else, it was you.
However, I've had nothing but top notch service and experience with them. When did this happen with you?

@infoman,
As I mentioned earlier, I am not talking about installation, I only wanted to know which VPN protocol can't be blocked by Office or lets say ISP ok? Places where other VPN do not work, hotspot shield works sometimes, which protocol are they using.

2nd please don't assume my experience with noirvpn, I can mention my experience if you ask. They offered me trial which I didn't use as I was busy in other things and they knew I never connected. They were pissed off that why I never tried to connect, and the language used wasn't appropriate for marketing.

@Gh0st
They actually allow only a few ports, rest are blocked, though they sometime open some ports for some people. My point was that if HotSpot Shield can work for some people on their personal laptops then using same VPN protocol I will use VPN on my Andriod phone if possible.

Why dont you just use a port 80 proxy.. if you can access the web most of the time port 80 should be fine or any port over 35000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back