Which one is more important, backlink or content?

Status
Not open for further replies.
14 comments
AlphaNine_vin said exactly the truth:

Content = Quality reputation amongst real users
Backlinks = Quality reputation amongst Search Engines

Invest in both but without doubt content it's first because if users like your content then they will backlink it.

Backlinks with relevant anchor text is more important as everyone creates content but only some do the hard work creating backlinks.

Important for what? Bringing users to your site or keeping users in your site? I'll give you a hint, it's 2 different answers.

In my opinion, I think both of them are important.
If you have a good content but bad backlink then your website is never be on top, so everything you do is meaningless.
But if you only focus on backlink but not content, the only think you can do is only drive more traffic to your website, not the conversion rate.

You need both.

Put time in your site first, create interesting and unique content, take care of on-page-SEO and then start building a backlink profile.

Content is King! ALWAYS

Content for sure.

Think of content as being an avenue for potential visitors to discover your website.

This is why EVERY piece of content you create should have some form of footprint/breadcrumb
back to your site ie., link, button, opt-in form etc....

In fact, I would suggest you focus primarily on Content Creation

-Articles
-Blog Posts
-Videos
-PodCasts
-Infographics
-eBooks
-PPT Presentatioms
etc....

I'm not saying backlinks can't provide value. They can if done correctly. Unfortunately all Google
has to do is update their algorithm and backlinks can turn worthless very fast..

At the end of the day, focus on Content first and a solid backlink strategy second for a powerful 1,2 punch.

Traffic = Backlinks of quality
Reputation of mark: Good content

Bot are good. but working both is better

1 article and good backlinks is better.. that 10 articles or 10 backlinks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back