Which Image host you like? For what features?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mRAza

Hi
I am interested to know which image host you like and what features are best there and which one are missing and you wants to see?

Thanks for contributing.

Regards

31 comments
i like the image which pay the most :P if you are going to open a paid image host

about the speed it should be work awesome and all kind of plugins (firfox, remote etc) is avaible for that site

I'd like to have an image host that is faster and doesn't have any limit on the image upload quota. Also, the allowable bandwidth should be unmetered, no restrictions it on it either.

A user system from where I can manage all my images, rename them, generate thumbnail, resize them.

For example, you can have it like an automated system.

http://imgdomain.com/image/myimage.png <-- Original Image
http://imgdomain.com/image/myimage_1024_768.png <-- Image Resized to 1024X768 pixels
http://imgdomain.com/image/myimage_123_123.png <-- Image Resized to 123X123 pixels

So what I'm trying to say is that, whenever I put imgdomain.com/image/myimage_WIDTH_HEIGHT.png, it should display the output as of the defined resolution. I don't know if this is even possible, but hey ! it can be a challenge :p

A simple firefox plugin from where I can rightclick and take screenshots. Something on the base of this plugin PIXLR

I like lulzimg.com for there special design XD
I would like to see image watermark feature in new imagehosts.
Would be helpful for me :P

Lulzimg for its simplicity

What i would like to see in an imagehost?
Ability to see your last uploaded pics without signing up (like tinypic)

i mainly use screensnapr for the .. screen snapper feature :P

but i also use lulzimg for their FF plugin to remote upload images, which is very nice, although it doesnt work on the newest version of FF, unless they updated it recently, havnt tried it in a few weeks.

i mainly use screensnapr for the .. screen snapper feature :P

but i also use lulzimg for their FF plugin to remote upload images, which is very nice, although it doesnt work on the newest version of FF, unless they updated it recently, havnt tried it in a few weeks.
For lulzimg for firefox, check this thread:
Code:
http://www.wjunction.com/showthread.php?t=74719
Sorry for being offtopic :D

Thanks guys for your input and specially Blaze, I am also tired of finding some host which at least have all features i need but no success so decided to develop something which can help around. and yea most of stuff you mentioned are very much possible ;)

waiting for some more opinions / suggestions

Regards

The best image host are those that are easy to use and has many features.

Firefox plugins, a lot of firefox plugins. A website that supports both the features of screensnap and imgur. It would've been cool.

An additional feature should be nfo to png because most people in this scene are uploaders are they would most likely enjoy a image host with nfo to png feature.

first of all yeah i agree with all reply's in the thread

i will go saying something about few imagehosts.

LulzIMG <--
this is very unique part of image host! no one thought there will be something like this! i mean look at the part of LulzIMG i have never seen a imagehost like that seriously it is epic/awesome/unique the most important thing they has is "NO ADS" & "NO POP-UPS"

10/10

Imgur <--

well this image host is awesome also the main thing i like in "Imgur" is "Public Pictures" where is few funny pics and few awesome/hilarious etc...!! yeah i like them they are awesome xD the design is cool simple but it takes a little load! but yeah the image uploading is fast

9/10

TinyPIC <--

this image host was awesome and they are still! but no idea why they are deleting pictures :( i thought they delete only warez but no they delete every picture lol! yeah they are awesome and epic also but the deletion is "SICK"

8/10

PhotoBucket <--

no comments about this image host! this image host should be more epic and people should really start using it too lol!

9/10

well thats it, if you wanted suggestion like if you thought before you create imagehost take few suggestion from WJ well i can give you few

make your own unique Desktop Application "Which can snap pictures"
make your own FireFox,IE,Chrome,Opera Tool which can generate pictures etc..
try to work on the design make it unique and "ADS FREE"

thats it :)

thank you <3

--- CyberAff

Thanks MrSandvik and Cyberaff for your suggestions. It actually is good for me to develop something what people needs so getting ideas from you guys by opening this thread, I will try to come up with something as nearly to your needs.

Regards

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back