Status
Not open for further replies.

Vee

Which CMS - for what I want to do that is. So here is what I need:

- I need users to have accounts on my site, so be able to sign up and have a profile page etc.

- Allow users to add "items" to their account. It's not a shopping cart I'm after but more of a wishlist! Then users can view the items in their wishlist (which will be arranged on seperate pages by date) and also view other people's wishlists.

- Allow me to add a number of "fields" for my posts other than just title and description eg author, colour or whatever.

I have experience with drupal and while I know it could handle the above, I'm not keen on using it again. I've just started using WP like a couple of weeks ago for a different site so I know the basics but I don't know how easy it would be to do the above. I've no experience in Joomla or any others.

If all of them can handle what I need then which would be the most straight-forward and have necessary modules/plugins to make my work easy? :d

Thanks!

6 comments
@Drinkordie Why is it better for my needs than WP?

Because if you have some skills you can create much more better site (for users) then on Wordpress, - Wp is good for blogs, and if your DB will increase and you will use more then 10 plugins, your server usage will be at least three times higher than on Datalife Engine.

In dle you can create custom fields for user profiles and posts, script is very intuitive and if you know where to look you can find amazing modules. :sun:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back