Which cache plugin do you use for wordpress?

Which cache plugin do u use for wordpress

• WP-Super Cache

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • W3 Total Cache

Votes: 22 53.7%
  • Hyper Cache

Votes: 7 17.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
29 comments
If I didn't have to cache, then I wouldn't. But since I do, I'd go with W3 Total Cache with a file page cache and nginx at the helm. Backed up by APC via php-fpm for an opcode cache, its a pretty good combination.

Wow so many ppl w3 cache :O I read some reviews and they say super cache was better :/ ... did u ppl use both the plugins and try?

If I didn't have to cache, then I wouldn't. But since I do, I'd go with W3 Total Cache with a file page cache and nginx at the helm. Backed up by APC via php-fpm for an opcode cache, its a pretty good combination.

Same setup for me. It kicks ass!

What's the benefit of it anyways? I know this sounds noobish but could someone explain it to me.

By caching something on the client side, you decrease server load and improve site loading speed.

For example, WJ logo is cached on your pc, so every time you visit wj, logo is not downloaded to your pc from server, but called from your computer's memory.

WJ loads fater, server has less queries and everyone is happy :)

So whats the difference between Cache plugin like W3 Total cache and Cloudflare CDN? Is it pointless to use both at the same time or are there any benefits? I hope someone can explain. Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back