What's your favorite forum software?

What's your favorite forum software?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Jesus

Mine - vBulletin
Why? It's the most dynamic, has the nicest skins, and has the most mods. It also runs fast, not to mention I adore the AdminCP (don't ask why, I really don't know). Before that, I was an IPB freak, now I hate IPB ever since 2.2, 2.1.7 kicked butt though.

66 comments
IPB is good, but proprietary and costs money.

phpBB2 I didn't like at all.

But it is my opinion that phpBB3 is the best board on the interwebz right now.

It is blazing fast.

The CODE itself is SO clean, I almost understand it all, which makes it good to do mods, and custom builds.

IPB has lots of useless shit, and lags a lot. but i would still pick it as a second choice, vBulletin being third.

Also phpBB3 = Open Source which pwnz anything else. This allows for extended support of skins, mods, etc.. (although phpBB3 is still new, so not many useful mods are out)

I'm 50/50 on between vB & IPB....

1month i like vB then the next i like IPB, i can work better with IPB, but i find vB easier to mod ( less file edits ).

But most big forums i see are either phpbb or vB so that's gotta mean something i think.

I've always been on forums that either used IPB or vBulletin and I've always liked those forums versus phpBB or SMF because the amount of extra things you can do with your profile. I've always felt phpBB was pretty limited on that fact since I like to customize a lot of the stuff on my profile and IPB and vBulletin allow a lot more options.

I prefer vBulletin.

If you ever need anything legit from IPS, tell me as I got a Perpetual license with them :)

I can offer this to those of you running on nulled vBulletin software too. If you ever need any modifications, skins, etc from vBulletin.org just get in contact with me.

I prefer vBulletin.

I can offer this to those of you running on nulled vBulletin software too. If you ever need any modifications, skins, etc from vBulletin.org just get in contact with me.

Say i have access to a licence number to install a vBulletin forum atm, but it runs out in like 2weeks, will it just suddenly stop or die?

Or will just carry on as normal?

:confused:

If you have an Owned license, you are legally allowed to run vbulletin for as long as you want.

If you have a Leased license, you are meant to remove it, but it's up to you though.. if you don't remove it, they may cancel you license.
After 1 year, you must renew your license or remove the software from your site.

Info:
https://www.vbulletin.com/order/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back