What's the best book series you have ever read?

Status
Not open for further replies.

To0

tumblr_mdet8xRaVN1r6z09fo1_1280.gif

The best series of books that I have ever read hands down is "The Sword of Truth" Series by Terry Goodkind (http://www.terrygoodkind.com/books.shtml)

I love the series because it builds and builds and builds. There are some points where it's so epic that it will literally make the hair stand up on your arms. It's one of those series where when reading it you can actually feel like you are there, it's so vividly detailed and plotted that you are the main character.

I read every single book except for the newest one that came out and haven't really been disappointed. There are 13 books total and every single one lived up to the last. It's one heck of a journey for anyone who is interested in this type of reading material. You will thank me about sharing this with you when you have finished reading the first book.

It blows Harry Potter, Eragon, Lord of the Rings and any other Magical Fantasy book out of the water.

This series was so popular that they even made a TV show about it - which only lasted for one season, but was good enough to still make it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luHxCgr3arw[/ame]

I'm interested to know what your favorite book series of all time is and why?

Last edited:
17 comments
Goosebumps were my favorite as a kid. Not into reading much now but every now and then I get my hands on a book. The one I am currently reading is not a series but I would recommend it to anyone. Its called Mein Kampf. :)

Mine would have to be late Stieg Larsson's Millenium series which includes:

The Girl with the dragon tattoo
The Girl who played with fire
The Girl who kicked the hornet's nest

It's the best read. His writing style is quite unique.
Wanted to read the third book but I broke my tablet :(

Sword of truth :o epic series man my favorites include the belgeriad, the king killer chronicles, the wheel of time etc i love speculative fantasy and urban fantasy in which i love the dresden files, nightside chronicles, the iron druid chronicles

Sword of truth :o epic series man my favorites include the belgeriad, the king killer chronicles, the wheel of time etc i love speculative fantasy and urban fantasy in which i love the dresden files, nightside chronicles, the iron druid chronicles

You have read the Sword of Truth?

Are these books you've mentioned similar? I tried to read "The Wheel of Time", but just couldn't get into it for some reason.

Yes i have read it was one of the very first high fantasy epics i read and one of my favorites and yes the one's i have mentioned are the most similar here the ones i think you will like most in descending order

1. KingKiller Chronicles - Epic stuff very addictive
2. Riftwar Saga - a very long multi saga multi book epic also one of my favs
3. The Belgeriad - a classic farmboy >> hero prince story done right pretty damn good
4. NightAngel Trilogy - not typical high fantasy involves other elements still awesome
5. Farseer Trilogy - pretty good fantasy
6. Memory, Sorrow, Thorn - another high fantasy series i liked
7. Blood of the kings - another poor boys turns out be something else fantasy but also done right and has awesome witty dialogue
8. Wheel of time - a series which imo ran way past its expiration its too long too damn long i mean like 16000+ pages :\

these are a few that i remember of the top of my mind because of my love for them their are many more out their, oh and if your on goodreads add me :)

Favorite book series

Hello everyone,

i had read the book series by Nora Roberts that was Chesapeake bay, that is the story of four brothers, loved that series. Has anyone else here read that one??

Nope never read it. But been there to Chesapeake before. Actually went on this small island across from the bay once where there was nothing but horses. Was intense! lol thanks for the share :P

The orphan trilogy is the best. I've read ASOIAF too, it's amazing but books 4 and 5 were really lame. Hopefully the 6th one gets back to the glory of the first 3 books.

Beautiful bridesmaid dresses

If you are a bride-to-be who likes clear blue sky, bright sunshine, blue bridesmaid dresses fresh air and lush green vegetation, you may prefer to hold a summer wedding. And you need to find perfect wedding dress as well as summer bridesmaid dresses for your significant day. When talking about summer bridesmaid dresses, Floral Bridesmaid Dresses you’d better choose those dresses with simple designs and light colors since they are comfortable and cool to wear and relaxing. In addition, Fuschia Bridesmaid Dresses the summer bridesmaid dresses that are made from lightweight fabrics will be better for summer weddings, such as chiffon, silk and tulle. Red Bridesmaid DressThese materials are gentle and smooth enough so that you will have an exciting experience with this kind of summer bridesmaid dress. Lime Green Bridesmaid Dresses

The Millennium Trilogy is good fun, I really hope they get everything sorted over the last book Larrson wrote, and it eventually gets to see the light of day.

They aren't really are series, but I've always loved the two Fear and Loathing books by Hunter S Thompson. Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas is such a mad-cap book, that is deceptively insightful in parts. Had a huge effect on me when i was a teenager.

Fear and Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72 has that same intense, surreal and funny energy, but is also a fantastically well written piece of political reportage.

I love two book series... both of them french:

A.- Alexander Dumas: The 3 musketeers+Twenty Years After+ The Vicomte de Bragelonne

B. Jules Verne: 'Extraordinary Journeys' (as lazy as I am, I'm copying the list from wiki. When you see their extension, you'll understand why)

1. Cinq semaines en ballon (Five Weeks in a Balloon, 1863)
  2. Voyages et aventures du capitaine Hatteras (The Adventures of Captain Hatteras, 1866)
  3. Voyage au centre de la Terre (Journey to the Center of the Earth, 1864, revised 1867)
  4. De la terre à la lune (From the Earth to the Moon, 1865)
  5. Les Enfants du capitaine Grant (In Search of the Castaways, 1867–8)
  6. Vingt mille lieues sous les mers (Twenty Thousand Leagues under the Sea, 1869–70)
  7. Autour de la lune (Around The Moon, 1870)
  8. Une ville flottante (A Floating City, 1871)
  9. Aventures de trois Russes et de trois Anglais (The Adventures of Three Englishmen and Three Russians in South Africa, 1872)
  10. Le Pays des fourrures (The Fur Country, 1873)
  11. Le Tour du monde en quatre-vingts jours (Around the World in Eighty Days, 1873)
  12. L'Île mystérieuse (The Mysterious Island, 1874–5)
  13. Le Chancellor (The Survivors of the Chancellor, 1875)
  14. Michel Strogoff (Michael Strogoff, 1876)
  15. Hector Servadac (Off on a Comet, 1877)
  16. Les Indes noires (The Child of the Cavern, 1877)
  17. Un capitaine de quinze ans (Dick Sand, A Captain at Fifteen, 1878)
  18. Les Cinq Cents Millions de la Bégum (The Begum's Millions, 1879)
  19. Les Tribulations d'un chinois en Chine (Tribulations of a Chinaman in China, 1879)
  20. La Maison à vapeur (The Steam House, 1880)
  21. La Jangada (Eight Hundred Leagues on the Amazon, 1881)
  22. L'École des Robinsons (Godfrey Morgan, 1882)
  23. Le Rayon vert (The Green Ray, 1882)
  24. Kéraban-le-têtu (Kéraban the Inflexible, 1883)
  25. L'Étoile du sud (The Vanished Diamond, 1884)
  26. L'Archipel en feu (The Archipelago on Fire, 1884)
  27. Mathias Sandorf (Mathias Sandorf, 1885)
  28. Un billet de loterie (The Lottery Ticket, 1886)
  29. Robur-le-Conquérant (Robur the Conqueror, 1886)
  30. Nord contre Sud (North Against South, 1887)
  31. Le Chemin de France (The Flight to France, 1887)
  32. Deux Ans de vacances (Two Years' Vacation, 1888)
  33. Famille-sans-nom (Family Without a Name, 1889)
  34. Sans dessus dessous (The Purchase of the North Pole, 1889)
  35. César Cascabel (César Cascabel, 1890)
  36. Mistress Branican (Mistress Branican, 1891)
  37. Le Château des Carpathes (Carpathian Castle, 1892)
  38. Claudius Bombarnac (Claudius Bombarnac, 1892)
  39. P’tit-Bonhomme (Foundling Mick, 1893)
  40. Mirifiques Aventures de Maître Antifer (Captain Antifer, 1894)
  41. L'Île à hélice (Propeller Island, 1895)
  42. Face au drapeau (Facing the Flag, 1896)
  43. Clovis Dardentor (Clovis Dardentor, 1896)
  44. Le Sphinx des glaces (An Antarctic Mystery, 1897)
  45. Le Superbe Orénoque (The Mighty Orinoco, 1898)
  46. Le Testament d'un excentrique (The Will of an Eccentric, 1899)
  47. Seconde Patrie (The Castaways of the Flag, 1900)
  48. Le Village aérien (The Village in the Treetops, 1901)
  49. Les Histoires de Jean-Marie Cabidoulin (The Sea Serpent, 1901)
  50. Les Frères Kip (The Kip Brothers, 1902)
  51. Bourses de voyage (Traveling Scholarships, 1903)
  52. Un drame en Livonie (A Drama in Livonia, 1904)
  53. Maître du monde (Master of the World, 1904)
  54. L'Invasion de la mer (Invasion of the Sea, 1905)

List B, still some left to read (Still doing and planning to finish). Thks internet!

Those 2 are for me 'the creme of the creme'.

PD: I can`t believe someone put Harry Potter over this two.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back