What would you do in this situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biohost

Banned
Banned
Ok basically this customer canceled his account a year ago, but whmcs still sent him invoices (you get 4 notices a month from us about it) and he kept manually paying them so he had no open debts in his name. Now today he comes back wanting all of his money back saying we stole the money from his paypal account, when I called paypal the manager told me he never had a subscription or anything that he was manually making these payments monthly.

Here is a conversation from earlier today as well,

(6:31:08 AM) gbrown0684: Hi
(6:31:08 AM) mikeBHst <AUTO-REPLY> : I'm not here right now
(1:03:52 PM) gbrown0684: Hello
(1:04:01 PM) mikeBHst: hello
(1:04:43 PM) gbrown0684: I recently noticed that I was charged for service from BioHost even though my service was canceled.
(1:05:21 PM) mikeBHst: email address for the account ?
(1:05:29 PM) gbrown0684: brown.geran@gmail.com
(1:07:43 PM) mikeBHst: I don't see any owed invoices on it.
(1:08:42 PM) gbrown0684: That's right cause I paid them myself every month so I never had any overdue bills in my name.
(1:09:17 PM) mikeBHst: do you have a subscription?
(1:09:31 PM) mikeBHst: cause we have no control over your paypal account what so ever
(1:09:47 PM) mikeBHst: the most common problem is people have subscriptions and forget to cancel them
(1:09:48 PM) gbrown0684: I never but after I caneled invoices still got made
(1:10:23 PM) mikeBHst: I don't know....
(1:10:43 PM) gbrown0684: I'm not paying anymore starting today.
(1:14:07 PM) gbrown0684: So isn't any way to get those payments back?
(1:15:22 PM) mikeBHst: well you can contact mike through the ticket system and hopefully we can get them back to you
(1:16:53 PM) gbrown0684: Would it be a sales ticket?
(1:17:05 PM) mikeBHst: sales/support
(1:17:24 PM) mikeBHst: how much came out of your account if you dont mind me asking?
(1:18:22 PM) gbrown0684: $100
(1:27:36 PM) gbrown0684: My ticket has been submitted. Thanks for your assistance.

He lied to my support worker as the money he had paid added up to $40, now he was given the 4 warnings that he had a invoice coming up, he got a email saying payment was cleared and our monthly balance email. He can not say we never notified him that he had payments to be made. If he was smart and realized he had no services with us shouldn't he of opened a support ticket with us and said I'm getting invoices yet I do not had any service with you? Or just ignore them, not like anything would of happened. Most of these invoices are from a year ago as well, except for one he paid this morning for a few dollars.

Now what would you do? Refund him all the money even though he should of been smart enough and never paid it since he had no service with us.

Or tell him its to bad, he manually made the payments so he should of known something was wrong and should of contacted us. So please give me your input on this as me and my staff are somewhat split on this.

10 comments
Well he is not the smartest kid obviously, but I'd send it back without a doubt.

oh and edit: I forgot, lol at this situation :)

If you know that guy did not have any active service from you and was stupid enough to still clear your invoice, you should refund him. It will take good effect for your business.

and if you have some kind of non-refundable policy or dont wants to refund him just offer him some package to use.

if it was me i will just refund him.

Yeah, offer him a package to use, that way he can't really complain.. But then he'd probably still try and complain/lie about your speeds or something.

As you have just said, the person has been making manual payment and paypal administration is ready to support your side.

You may tell him your point, and he's unable to do anything against. The lies will not help.

In the end I told him to never make the same mistake again and to always be sure he actually has a service he is paying for, we don't usually refund on these grounds but I felt bad for him making a mistake and just refunded him.

Ovb he is not the smartest kid,

Just because you do not pay a small hosting bill doesn't mean anything,
Its not like you can report to credit agencies LOL

Refund him what he paid for a service which he didnt had. Package or service offer will not be good, as
said, he will complain about your speed or support. And some times you have possibility to get some bad testimonial for this.

Ya I would refund the money as well, you always want to end things with customers on a good note. You never no maybe if you do some upgrades to your service you can shoot out an email saying what you upgraded and since having refunding his money and making him happy maybe he will try you out. You don't just worry about the 1 person because everyone can spread good or bad news. Its the word of mouth you have to worry about.

Ok basically this customer canceled his account a year ago, but whmcs still sent him invoices (you get 4 notices a month from us about it) and he kept manually paying them so he had no open debts in his name. Now today he comes back wanting all of his money back saying we stole the money from his paypal account, when I called paypal the manager told me he never had a subscription or anything that he was manually making these payments monthly.

Here is a conversation from earlier today as well,

(6:31:08 AM) gbrown0684: Hi
(6:31:08 AM) mikeBHst <AUTO-REPLY> : I'm not here right now
(1:03:52 PM) gbrown0684: Hello
(1:04:01 PM) mikeBHst: hello
(1:04:43 PM) gbrown0684: I recently noticed that I was charged for service from BioHost even though my service was canceled.
(1:05:21 PM) mikeBHst: email address for the account ?
(1:05:29 PM) gbrown0684: brown.geran@gmail.com
(1:07:43 PM) mikeBHst: I don't see any owed invoices on it.
(1:08:42 PM) gbrown0684: That's right cause I paid them myself every month so I never had any overdue bills in my name.
(1:09:17 PM) mikeBHst: do you have a subscription?
(1:09:31 PM) mikeBHst: cause we have no control over your paypal account what so ever
(1:09:47 PM) mikeBHst: the most common problem is people have subscriptions and forget to cancel them
(1:09:48 PM) gbrown0684: I never but after I caneled invoices still got made
(1:10:23 PM) mikeBHst: I don't know....
(1:10:43 PM) gbrown0684: I'm not paying anymore starting today.
(1:14:07 PM) gbrown0684: So isn't any way to get those payments back?
(1:15:22 PM) mikeBHst: well you can contact mike through the ticket system and hopefully we can get them back to you
(1:16:53 PM) gbrown0684: Would it be a sales ticket?
(1:17:05 PM) mikeBHst: sales/support
(1:17:24 PM) mikeBHst: how much came out of your account if you dont mind me asking?
(1:18:22 PM) gbrown0684: $100
(1:27:36 PM) gbrown0684: My ticket has been submitted. Thanks for your assistance.

He lied to my support worker as the money he had paid added up to $40, now he was given the 4 warnings that he had a invoice coming up, he got a email saying payment was cleared and our monthly balance email. He can not say we never notified him that he had payments to be made. If he was smart and realized he had no services with us shouldn't he of opened a support ticket with us and said I'm getting invoices yet I do not had any service with you? Or just ignore them, not like anything would of happened. Most of these invoices are from a year ago as well, except for one he paid this morning for a few dollars.

Now what would you do? Refund him all the money even though he should of been smart enough and never paid it since he had no service with us.

Or tell him its to bad, he manually made the payments so he should of known something was wrong and should of contacted us. So please give me your input on this as me and my staff are somewhat split on this.

I know it is tough to meet such client. But sometimes it just happen. It happen to me as well.
I will just refund the money and close the case.

I would rather spent my time and afford to those who really need my service/product.

I don't understand why you didn't approach him after the first payment was made. How could you keep collecting a payment you knew was not due you.
In the US if your bank kept depositing money in your account and you knew it was not yours it is a criminal offense to use that money.

I think any host should stop any payments they get knowing that it is not due them. That is my policy and should be every host's policy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back