What to expect in upcoming days

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvrle77

Well, after hard breakdown we had, 3 days ago, with fall of megaupload, other filehosts fall down by themselves too. But, piracy for itself became a piece of industry, believe it or not.

People used to legally resell Filehost accounts. Now, no more.
Also, lots of hosts were dependent on happenings. RDPs, Rapidleech providers, Hosts.
Many programmers are affected.
Many forums were opened, financing from advertising something related to those services ( not to say that WJ is having banners dependent on those)
Lots of host resellers will drag down sellers, and some companies might face closing down.

So, picture is kinda bigger here, than previously was thinking of.
I am sure I forgot something else, that is dragged down with these events.
If you can remember, add them, what you think will be affected?

37 comments
Just you forgetting this

That we are doing warez thing (illegal works) and warez runied most of life by this..

So best is to move over and do something real if you can..I will aslo move to some legal works hope so..in some days :)

Well, after hard breakdown we had, 3 days ago, with fall of megaupload, other filehosts fall down by themselves too. But, piracy for itself became a piece of industry, believe it or not.

People used to legally resell Filehost accounts. Now, no more.
Also, lots of hosts were dependent on happenings. RDPs, Rapidleech providers, Hosts.
Many programmers are affected.
Many forums were opened, financing from advertising something related to those services ( not to say that WJ is having banners dependent on those)
Lots of host resellers will drag down sellers, and some companies might face closing down.

warez isnt going any where.

There isn't simple way to put it but indeed a lot of people will be affected.

RDP/server providers, people who coded multiposters, autobots, various download/upload scripts.

I know it may sound harsh but I'm actually glad all this happened. All these people crying and creating threads again and again are newbies, yes newbies. Back in day, you had to download from torrents and Rapidshare/Megaupload. People would upload because they liked to share, gain reputation, not share for money.

As time went by it got only worse, millions of forums spammed by same old shitty multiposters, same old downloads, hosted on same old shitty filehosts, yes, shitty.

We're kinda going back and I'm glad.

Last edited:
Gfx Users also get afftect by this

here some may get works due to warez like buttons,banners,signatures to make But if all going gone for good they all will be much trouble as they do legal works..

GFXers, yeah, I overlooked them.

Warez never gonna die, SOPA is just a bad joke.

Who's talking about SOPA? I am discussing current events, that are already happening, and are inevitable to happen, in the upcoming days.

Well, finally a good thread about this. Thanks for that!

I think if it's going down the drains as fast as in the last few days, even the hardware industy might take a hit. How many leechers bought HDs for storing? Will they keep up doing this, when there are less files around? I don't think so.

Hosters, server-providers, forums, blogs, directly or indirectly connected to those hosters will take a hit as well.

One thing I personally feel very fortunate about is that I didn't start with Windows/RDP hosting services as most of them are used for such illegal purposes. So my business doesn't take a massive hit because of this!

But yeah, certainly, indirectly it will affect all internet businesses.

I think advertising, web hosting industry wouldn't get affected much, because once filehost will die, people will move to other money making techniques like CPA, Google Adsense, Selling click bank products or some kind of other affiliates..all these involves having a websites..

Personally i feel few [especially software] Industry itself gonna be affected in Long term, Piracy helps ALOT to get stuffs famous and helps to reach to everyone, Whether it is Music, Movies or Software..a very big example of this Windows OSes, if warez will really die, then really open source gonna be at boom, OS like Linux, Solaris will spread wide globally.

Also our Productivity will decrease, talk about any kind of professionalism whether its in SEO, Web-Designing, Photoshop or any kind, if piracy ends No more ebook, video tutorials which helps alot..we will have less resource to learn that stuffs..So lets see where it goes...

Well, finally a good thread about this. Thanks for that!

I think if it's going down the drains as fast as in the last few days, even the hardware industy might take a hit. How many leechers bought HDs for storing? Will they keep up doing this, when there are less files around? I don't think so.

Hosters, server-providers, forums, blogs, directly or indirectly connected to those hosters will take a hit as well.

Yes, as I see it, it will affect things offline too. For example, games won't be available that much, which COULD (I don't say it will, but it could) impact on slowed down selling of hardware (game cards, new CPUs), which again, will slow down selling and making of games too. Basically, this thing wasn't pyramidal, it was closed circle, or consumers industry. With activating SOPA, this surely will be true. I mean, megaupload was holding 5% of ALL INTERNET TRAFFIC IN THE WORLD.... ISPs will be hit too, I think...

You missed about ddl's future :S

1. surely ddl will get less site submission per day so less uniques from SERP , so traffic decrease
2. Many sites will close because they wont have money to pay their hosting bill. (those who depend only filehosting earning to pay hosting bill)
3. site owner will get very less amount in compare to before mu closed. (phaze 5* site was more than $800; even more .. now i wonder hwo much they get :(

Nothing has changed. If you could find 10,000 links for one file yesterday, tomorrow you'll have to hunt harder to find 1,000 or 100. In essence, the only change is a decrease in quantity. Warez never was and never will be dependent on a bunch of filehosts that award users to upload copyrighted content.

Who's affected? A lot of people. Mostly the ones that depended on filehost cash and called it a 'career'. The script coders are coders, they'll find something else to code. The bot coders, are again, coders; they'll find something to code and earn from. The RDP sellers/provider may face a temporary setback, but there's a lot of demand out there.

So who stands to lose from this? No one except the ones that had dreams of earning from filehosts until the time they 'retired'. Retirement just came early for them. Time to find a new hobby, learn a new skill, and invest time in something that is sustainable.

Sites that have "megaupload, fileserve, filesonic..." keywords in domain name will disappear. ^o)

I noticed most uploaders moved to worst file-hosts such as uploaded.to and oron. ;(

Actually the money, directly from the users' pockets was circulating within the users through cyberlockers>pirate sites>hosting businesses. The real intention of the corporate sh*theads are to stop this flow & keep all to themselves. Till now it is a successful effort.

But it has had some effects of its own. Firstly, it has exposed that the real bloated democracy is run nothing but corporate puppets & people's voice is just a myth there. Secondly, the cyberlockers has given the users ample time to learn about the scenario & the co-related subjects of free web & the arguments behind this. Thirdly, the sh*tload of noobish sites which were making the scene too cheeky will be vanishing. Fourth, increasing server costs & overuse of resources by oversold servers will reduce. Servers will not be able to ask for large scale of profits from non-profitable resellers. Fifth, the scene will become exclusive once again. Sixth, P2P will be famous again. Seventh, due to so much annoyances accumulated within the users, the governments will be forced to show their "corporate as*-licking behavior" soon or, they have to accept pirate parties in near future.

This is how I feel it would be. In a single sentence, either they will say us to get used to become bare slaves or they will just vanish like a bad dream leaving unpleasant sweat.

Yes, as I see it, it will affect things offline too. For example, games won't be available that much, which COULD (I don't say it will, but it could) impact on slowed down selling of hardware (game cards, new CPUs), which again, will slow down selling and making of games too. Basically, this thing wasn't pyramidal, it was closed circle, or consumers industry. With activating SOPA, this surely will be true. I mean, megaupload was holding 5% of ALL INTERNET TRAFFIC IN THE WORLD.... ISPs will be hit too, I think...

What just went through my mind... maybe even payment services like PayPal, Webmoney etc. may at least feel a bit of that. I mean there was quite an amount of money floating through their channels regarding warez. Who knows?

I don't see the need for the bitching and fear of getting sued. Few file hosts took the chance to move to legal business and made it look like they had to remove their affiliate program because of the Megaupload bust. Megaupload bust is bigger than what we all think.

Nothing has changed, some of them are out of the game, but new players are getting more popularity. Webmasters who had "filehost-keyword" domain names, will simply redirect them to their new websites. Visitors will request certain applications, films, tv series and video games. Webmasters and uploaders will go through the trackers or blogs for the files, and simply re-upload them to some other file host with one of those scripts or manually. But the point is, nothing has changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back