Status
Not open for further replies.

Tier

I am working on a file hosting website. I'm looking to spend a maximum of 30$ per month on either web hosting, a vps, or a dedicated server. Though I know that's unlikely with 30$ per month. My main problem is finding a web host that will allow file hosting.

Would anyone know somewhere?

11 comments
What kind of file hosting are you going to be offering?

Your budget is $30 for the FileHosting landing page (website), or for actually hosting user files?

Hosting user files. It'll be a public upload/download file host. 30$ for the service to host my website/user files.

Well for that price your not going to find anything reliable or efficient if you plan on running a full scale file hosting company. If your just looking for image hosting or small 1-10mb hosting, then you might be okay.

If I was you and only had $30 I would focus on the landing site, get a couple Economy packages from (check PM). Hopefully they don't put you on a server that has most of it's space maxed out. You should be able to balance the majority of your users files without issue in the beginning.

Please note that the upload speeds could be horrendous in some instances. It all depends on what kind of server they put you on and how bad it's getting abused.

Well for that price your not going to find anything reliable or efficient if you plan on running a full scale file hosting company. If your just looking for image hosting or small 1-10mb hosting, then you might be okay.

If I was you and only had $30 I would focus on the landing site, get a couple Economy packages from (check PM). Hopefully they don't put you on a server that has most of it's space maxed out. You should be able to balance the majority of your users files without issue in the beginning.

Please note that the upload speeds could be horrendous in some instances. It all depends on what kind of server they put you on and how bad it's getting abused.

Thank you for the assistance. It's much appreciated.
I will look into the link you sent me tomorrow morning! ;)

Love the optimism but don't do it.

First of all, you don't have the budget required to run one, $30 won't get you anywhere. I don't even host my test sites on $30 "Server".

Once you get decent budget and knowledge to run one then go for it, otherwise it will be a fail.

Just being realistic here.

What's decent, do you think? I could in theory go up to 200$ per month, but 30$ is what I am looking to start out with.

What's decent, do you think? I could in theory go up to 200$ per month, but 30$ is what I am looking to start out with.
Depends on your needs. A decent server ranges between 150-300$., and has a decent configuration.

You can start with 30$ if your usage is going to be minimal in the beginning, but it's pointless to host files on a crappy server.

Depends on your needs. Decent server range between 150-300$., and has a decent configuration.

You can start with 30$ if your usage is going to be minimal in the beginning, but it's pointless to host files on a crappy server.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I'm just so OCD that I don't like to risk much. (in terms of the website failing or not)
I guess I will get a basic web host for now and then move up a dedicated server within the next month or so.

You don't want to risk? It doesn't work like that. Filehosting is saturated business, in other to get somewhere you need at have deep pockets and willing to go beyond current standard.

You might think it's all about getting 1 server and it's done but it's not.

$1000+ for custom and good filehost script.
$100-$300 for Website Server.
$300+ per File Server.
$500+ for Advertising.

Sure you can start with much less money but you won't get anywhere and it will result in waste of time.

It's like people who start Warez sites these days, they copy other websites, don't invest anything and then complain how they only get 500 visitors per day.

If you don't have cash and ideas to make it work then don't even start it.

I know what you mean. Script, and advertising is already solved though.
It will be PPD also, which will attract more users and traffic.

Thank you for the replies, bro! Everything helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back