• (Other Forum) - Suggest below

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Other - Suggest below

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Drag

I'm a web developer and I always like to keep busy, at the moment I have nothing to do. What should I make?

1.Option removed
2.(Other Forum) - Suggest below
3.Suggestions - Post below

Don't worry, I can almost do anything. 4 + Years vBulletin and Ipb ect exp.

I own a vBulletin license.

Thanks,
Peter :P

17 comments
Well I always look towards the bigger companies as that's usually where the future is. For example last few years all the big companies were buying companies like AddMobile and other related Mobile Companies and look now how big the mobile market is becoming and it's still only a fraction of what it will be.

At the moment it seams to be Internet TV. Both Google and Apple are spending billions in this area as it's the next "big thing". Even youtube are re-designing so their site will be TV friendly as well as other major companies.

Start a website that streams TV shows. Yes their are loads already but they are aimed at computers so design a fat finger version. In other words have it with a maximum of 10 big buttons per page that would be incredibly easy to use on a touch screen like an ipad or even on a TV where you have the numbers 0 to 9 on a remote control while still making it easy to navigate. Take full advantage of html 5 and CSS3 as all these products support it fully.

Initally the site will be slow to gain traffic but overnight it will explode (particularly after Christmas) as I see lots of homes getting Internet TV for Christmas.

If your developing for 5 years I'm presuming your at a stage and ability where your able to develop this.

I could do that, but I will not be able to devote a lot of time to something like that. It's not exactly my area of expertise. Thanks for the idea. ;)

Well I always look towards the bigger companies as that's usually where the future is. For example last few years all the big companies were buying companies like AddMobile and other related Mobile Companies and look now how big the mobile market is becoming and it's still only a fraction of what it will be.

At the moment it seams to be Internet TV. Both Google and Apple are spending billions in this area as it's the next "big thing". Even youtube are re-designing so their site will be TV friendly as well as other major companies.

Start a website that streams TV shows. Yes their are loads already but they are aimed at computers so design a fat finger version. In other words have it with a maximum of 10 big buttons per page that would be incredibly easy to use on a touch screen like an ipad or even on a TV where you have the numbers 0 to 9 on a remote control while still making it easy to navigate. Take full advantage of html 5 and CSS3 as all these products support it fully.

Initally the site will be slow to gain traffic but overnight it will explode (particularly after Christmas) as I see lots of homes getting Internet TV for Christmas.

If your developing for 5 years I'm presuming your at a stage and ability where your able to develop this.

Don't always look at what the big guys are doing. I know the (recently retired) chief network architect at HP and he's good friends with the Chief network architect at Google, and all the big companies got together a few years back and decided to go with video as the next big thing for kids 15-22...so they bought hundreds and hundreds of new server for the "video influx" but people still chose text based stuff over video. So I mean it's a prime example of how it could go wrong. Stick to your gut is what I always say.

(Although Big companies can be right, don't get me wrong ;) )

-Bread

Warez Forum - but make something different. Buy custom skin, hire paid uploaders, advertise the forum around big sites and ofc submit to Katz.

~Souljah

I would do something else than warez forum. Maybe what Mr Happy said, make a website that streams tv shows with a touch-friendly UI. And then make ads with adwords. You can be succesful.

Have an attempt with a warez forum.

Yeah, agreed. But be aware that you must have something new, because there is already a huge amount of warez sites, so you would have a competition. Good luck!

I preffer to avoid getting aids.
Regarding the Eighth AIDS Conference in Amsterdam where 11,000 AIDS scientists gathered, Christine Gorman writes, "Bewilderment reached a new level in Amsterdam, where scientists reported cases of people who have an AIDS-like condition but have not been found to be infected with HIV".
What it all tells to a person of wisdom is that AIDS is a disease of behavior. This virus is only the agent of Nature whipping people to put them in-line to follow Her moral code. People who rebelled against the moral code of Nature invented anal sex, followed their desire of promiscuity and free sex (adultery, fornication and prostitution) and indulged in drug abuse through intravenous injection. These rebellious people would not follow any (divine) moral authority. Nature, therefore, uses Her divine authority to enforce the moral code in human behavior.
All religious scriptures, from the most ancient Vedas, the Bible and the Qur'an agree, explicitly or implicitly, upon a moral code regarding homosexuality, fornication and adultery. The use of intravenous injection is another unnatural way of putting chemicals into the body except in dire medical need under the best of aseptic conditions.
How to avoid AIDS
Obey the laws of Nature given to us through religious moral teachings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back