What should be added in an Indian Paypal account to verify it

Status
Not open for further replies.

raveeshm2

I am an Indian. I have been using an unverified paypal account which is set up for U.S and i receive payments in US Dollars($). I have more than $75 in my account and now i want to withdraw my money using Indian Banks. So i am thinking of creating a new account on Paypal settting up in India.
So first of all what are things that i need to add in my new account in order to verify it. I mean do i have to add Bank account and Credit card no. both ?? and what is the purpose code as paypal once limited my previous account and asked to add purpose code in order to unblock it(It was an unverified account). So do i have to add purpose code too inorder to verify it ??
And lastly can i send money from US set up unverified account to my newly set up verified Indian account and can i receive the money in Rupees in my new account instead of Dollars($) ??

If anyone has any idea about the above questions then please answer

12 comments
You just need a PAN card and a bank account. Yes you've to enter the purpose code too; There are a number of options in the purpose code dropdown menu - choose anyone it doesn't matter!

After you enter your bank account details, paypal will send a small amount to your account. You need to enter those values (About 1 rupee and a few paise) and your account will be verified.

You're saying that you made current account (the one in which you've $75) by entering your Country as USA but from an Indian IP? :| I wonder why Paypal has never blocked you till now. Anyways, you should be able to transfer that $75 without any hassles. Just don't access your old account after that! Accessing 2 accounts with the same IP might cause problems.

You just need a PAN card and a bank account. Yes you've to enter the purpose code too; There are a number of options in the purpose code dropdown menu - choose anyone it doesn't matter!

After you enter your bank account details, paypal will send a small amount to your account. You need to enter those values (About 1 rupee and a few paise) and your account will be verified.

You're saying that you made current account (the one in which you've $75) by entering your Country as USA but from an Indian IP? :| I wonder why Paypal has never blocked you till now. Anyways, you should be able to transfer that $75 without any hassles. Just don't access your old account after that! Accessing 2 accounts with the same IP might cause problems.
Thanx for the help buddy and what about the currency conversion thing. In my new Indian account, it is showing the default currency as US Dollars. Can't i change it into Rupees ??
I hope you won't mind asking you, your country and have you tried withdrawing money through Bank accounts. Does the Bank asks for some proof from where the payment have came ?? i hope it won't land me into some legal issue.
And the last thing so is it really possible to transfer money from unverified account into verified account ?
And do i have to enter the exact amount in rupees and paise that paypal sends into my bank account in order to verify it.

Sorry for asking so many questions, as i am new with these paypal verification stuff.

Yo :)

1. No you cannot change the currency type in your paypal account. For us Indians, it'll be set to dollars only. So yeah all the money that receive in your account will be displayed in dollars.

2. Yes I've withdrawn more than Rs 85000 to my bank account :o Hell no, neither your bank, nor paypal will ask for any proofs (Unless you start withdrawing crores of rupees lol) - no legal issues man, you needn't worry at all! :)

3. Yes you can send and receive money from/to an unverified paypal account. Please note that Indian paypal accounts are only allowed to RECEIVE money, not send them. Yeah, you cannot use your paypal account to send money to friends unless you link it with a credit card (fucking RBI policies :| ) however since the older account that you've has been setup as US paypal account you can send money to your current paypal account.

4. Thanks to the shitty RBI policies, we're required to withdraw our money within 24 hours, else it'll be auto-withdrawn :| Paypal has its own exchange rates (which is usually about Rs 1.7 less than the real world USD to Rupee rate). Supposing you've 75 dollars now, you can withdraw 30 dollars for the time being but before 24 hours have elapsed, the rest of the 45 dollars will be automatically converted to rupees and sent to your bank account. FUCKING RBI! ARRGGGGHHHHH! And I had noticed 1 about month back, I had about 30 dollars in my paypal account and it didn't get auto-withdrawn even after 7 days XD I don't know whether it was a miracle or whatever! So maybe if you're lucky enough your money might stay in your account for a few days but that's highly unlikely. I don't really see the point of keeping money in your paypal account for a long time though, you cannot send it to anyone anyways :|

Hope this answers all your question :)
Ok, thank you for providing the information.
How much time does paypal take to transfer money in the bank account ??
And do i have to enter exact amount sent by paypal in my bank account in order to verify it.
And do you know about Alertpay also. I have the same issue with Alertpay. Have you ever withdrawn money from Alertpay into bank ??

Hi ,

It will take upto 2-3 Bank working days....

I never withdrawn any $ from AP... i xchange $ with my friends from AP-PP

however all you $ will be auto withdrawn to ur bank acc...

I usually received the money in my SBI account within 4 days.

Currently AP doesn't support direct bank transfers in India so you need to use bank wire option for which there is a huge fee (about $10)

If you want to withdraw funds from AP just send me a PM, I'll tell you the name of a reliable group of India that you can use to exchange money in AP.

And yes, you need to enter the exact amount in Paypal to verify your account :)

I usually received the money in my SBI account within 4 days.

Currently AP doesn't support direct bank transfers in India so you need to use bank wire option for which there is a huge fee (about $10)

If you want to withdraw funds from AP just send me a PM, I'll tell you the name of a reliable group of India that you can use to exchange money in AP.

And yes, you need to enter the exact amount in Paypal to verify your account :)
I have sent you PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back