1. Fat3_Gamer

Fat3_Gamer New Member Member

Jul 18, 2011
    hi
    i want to know what is the difference between number of 1080p copy of any movies,
    i found 1080p movie size 45GB!
    while other one the same movie same title"1080P was a bit lower, 22GB
    the third was 11GB
    what is the difference between them?

2. FarSeeR

FarSeeR Active Member Member

Nov 2, 2011
    The movies you download are Ripped by encoders but the original ones are originals :S
    I dont know how to explain to you, its easily understandable :S

3. mystaku

mystaku New Member Member

May 10, 2011
    The 45 GB copy that you're talking about is probably the original, uncompressed Blu-Ray version.

The A/V is compressed by encoders to reduce the size (w/o affecting the quality much) so that it can be distributed and easily downloaded by people with slow internet speeds.

The lesser the size, the lesser the quality - but unless you've a big 50 inch LCD with a good 5.1 hi-fi audio system, you'll not be able to gauge differences between the 45 GB copy and the 11 GB copy. So for most purposes, a 6 - 8 GB 1080p copy of a movie should suffice.

4. r00ts

r00ts Banned Banned

Dec 27, 2011
    BIGGEST size un encoded...
    Smaller size for example smaller then 25 GB encoded...

Encoded = ripped = remade, lower bitrate...

5. awaiz007

awaiz007 New Member Member

Oct 11, 2010
    The encoders just decrease the bitrate and quality so that the size is decreased

6. Daniel

Daniel New Member Member

Nov 5, 2009
    I've never understood why people are stupid enough to download such large releases .. The one at 700mb or 1400mb is perfect .. laughs

7. cowboyup910

cowboyup910 New Member Member

Jun 13, 2011
    If you say soo..

8. Carnival_07

Carnival_07 Banned Banned

Feb 6, 2009
    Because they want to see dick the size of a big pillow ramming into pussy the size of a toilet bow (on 50" LCD)

9. Daniel

Daniel New Member Member

Nov 5, 2009
    Still not worth it .. I'd rather have a real pussy in front of a pussy that I never get.

10. Tennouji

Tennouji Active Member Member

Mar 1, 2012
    The trick is, you reduce the bitrate (and so is the file size) while trying to minimize the quality reduction. Too much bit rate reduction can be compensated by reducing the resolution, as well as setting up filters, and also a CRF (constant rate factor) which both reduces quality on high-motion scenes and increases quality for more still scenes, while maintaining the quality "same for a human eye".

The idea on CRF is, your normal human eye should not notice the quality reduction on high-motion scenes, because the eye takes more time scanning the TV screen/monitor to perceive the video. While on more still videos (eg. camera focused on heads talking) your eyes take less time to get the overall screen perception.

There is a limit on reducing bit rate and using CRF though, and that's when you see shitty encodes in small size.

IANAE though, but that's the general idea for me on encoding.

11. JamesVaporH

JamesVaporH Banned Banned

Mar 13, 2012
    The reason is because when they view on a normal screen 700mb copies are fine, But when they want to view on their wide screen tv's the color is a bit off and screen is stretched so they need the 1080p encoded versions for better pixels.

12. FarSeeR

FarSeeR Active Member Member

Nov 2, 2011
    Come on, its just 2 hours, you watch the movie and it finishes, downloading 45GB takes long time even in very high speed connections... just download a ripped one at 700~2GB and watch it.

But if you want to buy the movie its another story, nothing can be compared as the original ofcourse =)

13. sceneguy

sceneguy Banned Banned

Oct 12, 2011
    ppl have 50mbit+ in scandinavian countries.it may be worth the b/w there,but i still prefer the 3gb-5gb rips.

14. kiran_n444

kiran_n444 New Member Member

Jan 29, 2010
    On a decent TV/Projector with Surround Sound Setup it's very noticable. I try to avoid anything that's not 1080p if I can help it.

You'll really notice the difference on newer+bigger TVs.

15. BuXee

BuXee New Member Member

May 25, 2011
    Nicely put (y) Go with this explanation. :D

Well, 11GB 1080p is the way to go. A few lesser Size will also suffice, but A 1080p release in 1 or 2GB will definitely not look good on a Larger Screen.

The 44GB ones would look amazing on large screens, and are also used by few Encoders to do further rips. ;)
    Also that scene groups remove the Black Bars, which are present in 44+ GB Releases.

16. sniffdog

sniffdog Well-Known Member Member

Sep 21, 2009
    Sure, 700 or 1.5Gb rips are watchable, but you'll see (especially in the dark areas) the damage done by using compression.

Furthermore, the quality of sound (often DTS) is better on BluRay rips and more subtitles are included.

I guess it's just like MP3 and FLAC. MP3 is good to listen to, but FLAC may sound better (especially on higher quality systems).

17. r00ts

r00ts Banned Banned

Dec 27, 2011
    Well XviD DVDRip Sux...

FULL BD... IS perfect if u want to maked rips encodes!

18. cotufa-ssdd

cotufa-ssdd New Member Member

Apr 25, 2011
    damn 45gb movie, screw that... for normal movies i get the 700mb files, for movies that are worth it i get 1.4gb, thats it... only avatar was worth downloading at 9gb.

the dvdrips, BRrips 720p or 1080p are perfect quality in my opinion.

19. wrestledld

wrestledld New Member Member

Jan 8, 2010
    @ Overjaculation, you will never understand the difference between tight pussy or in Whole, :D

enjoy your 700mb to 1.45gb whole ;)

20. Daniel

Daniel New Member Member

Nov 5, 2009
    I'm just watching movies on my PC. If I want to watch a movie on tv, I will go and buy the movie in the store. Waste of time and hdd :P

I still do not see what role it plays. You're bloody demanding .. :p