1. fuchen

fuchen New Member Member

Feb 14, 2010
  2. CyberHacK

CyberHacK Banned Banned

Feb 2, 2009
    You can look towards a Semi-dedicated server as a higher and better version of VPS's as it offers more resources i.e. disk space, bandwidth and RAM and the hardware node is shared between a less number of users.

3. Sandino

Sandino New Member Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Here this should help:

https://www.my365host.com/clients/announcements.php?id=27

The main difference is, most VPS's are unmanaged, meaning you have to manage them yourself if something goes wrong you have to fix it, etc etc. Whereas Semi Dedicated Hosting, your host will take care of most, if any, issues.

As for Dreamhost you shouldn't use them as they offer "unlimited", which they state is not true at all here -> http://www.dreamhost.com/unlimited.html

Also, depending on your needs, they are what people call "onshore" which isn't very warez related friendly.

If you have any other questions, feel free to contact me at anytime so I can explain more :)

4. iKnow

iKnow New Member Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Where did you copy/paste that from?

5. Sandino

Sep 14, 2009
  6. shadow.prx

shadow.prx New Member Member

Jan 24, 2009
    Have you seen the images these guys are using i pissed myself laughing

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. kamrul

kamrul New Member Member

Mar 31, 2009
    semi-dedicated is useless title . don trust this issue. semi-dedicated like shared host. so it's better VPS.

8. Sandino

Sep 14, 2009
    No it's not.
    Theres a very big different between them all.
    If you know nothing about them, please do not post your useless comments as it will confuse the person who made this topic.

I have now reported the topic to be cleaned since there are soo many off topic posts.

9. kamrul

kamrul New Member Member

Mar 31, 2009
    Sandino: great you know about that . thn tell us everthing about semi-dediacted so that we can understand semi-dedicated.

10. Sandino

Sep 14, 2009
    I already did above ;)

11. DennisDee

DennisDee New Member Member

Apr 17, 2010
    Still under VPS you have full control, under semi-dedicated you have access only to Cpanel, thats it. So, yes, you have more resources than at classic shared hosting, but less control under it.

12. Sandino

Sep 14, 2009
    That is correct, but sometimes that's all people need.
    Alot of people don't know how to run a VPS, or don't want to learn; or possibly just can't be bothered to manage their own server.

If your website goes down in the middle of the night, would you rather someone else take care of it for you? Or wake up yourself and spend hours trying to get it back up? then figuring out the issue and try to prevent it.

with SDH it makes it much easier for clients.

13. l0calh0st

l0calh0st New Member Member

Mar 26, 2010
    DennisDee & Sandino are right ;)

14. bxflow

bxflow New Member Member

Feb 19, 2010
    Semi-Dedicated works the same way as shared, its just not shared with so many people
    maybe 10 the most meaning better speed,quality,resources,etc

15. HostMyWarez

HostMyWarez Banned Banned

Oct 28, 2009
    If you know what your doing get a vps, you control everything, like a dedicated server. If you want shared hosting except with more resources get semi-dedi.

16. Jesse

Jesse Well-Known Member Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Also, you get root access with a VPS. Wrzhost semi you do not

17. l0calh0st

Mar 26, 2010
    @JJJ, useless post.

in otherwords you wont get full control with a sd.
    this has been told 9999times.

18. Jesse

Jesse Well-Known Member Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Way to over exaggerate, Nancy. It actually was not really said. It was put as "you have full control" so I put it in a way everyone would understand

19. Sandino

Sep 14, 2009

That's not always true, some hosts allow for SSH Access under certain circumstances. [And WrzHost is not the only host who offers SDH :P ]

But again guys, keep it on topic no need to argue. If someone states the same thing again it's okay, they're only trying to help, or put what someone else said in better terms.

20. l0calh0st

Mar 26, 2010
    wrzhost is not the only one that provides sdh, also check: mafiahost.eu

and i think sandino will introduce their sdh soon right? i thought you had that idea.:)