What do people look for in file sharing sites?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alero

Hi all,

I am new to this industry and started off by acquiring an established file sharing site which was pretty much left abandoned by the previous owner, but still managed to get decent traffic. As I am working on cleaning up the site (new design, new version of the script, new servers, etc.) I'd like some general thoughts around what features/mods/structures are users looking for to make a site one of their favorites. The site is running on XFS Pro 2.2.

Thanks for your help!

alero

5 comments
In general, to be successful, your service should have:

- All popular payment methods (Bank Cards, Bank transfers, Mobile paayments, etc.)
- Regular payments to affiliates without delays
- Fast servers
- Profit!

There is also a lot of other small things, of course.

Good luck with your business!

Andrew

I guess that's up in the air. Right now there is no PPD program, but there is premium memberships that allow higher limits and speeds. What are the pros and cons of each model?

It depends, are you gonna set up a "Freemium" filehost, or a filehost more oriented for affiliate programs?

nitro85, what do you mean by "Freemium" filehost?

I guess that's up in the air. Right now there is no PPD program, but there is premium memberships that allow higher limits and speeds. What are the pros and cons of each model?

It is very hard to attract high-quality, payable traffic offering PPD program, in my opinion, so I wouldn't recommend to add PPD.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back