Status
Not open for further replies.

kaizer01

Hello !

Just wanna ask what are the risk for this?

My webhost provider is providing me free cpanel to my VPS, but I need to ask him to activate it when using it. Bcoz I'll be getting trial expired when I tried logging in to my cpanel.
And everytime I ask him to get access he always ask me to manually activate it using SHH and running a command like cpanel/cpkeyclt.

9 comments
it gives me an impression that he offer free cpanel (but not offer license which is needed to run it).
cPanel VPS license cost minimum around $13 i think.

Last edited:
If you are seeing a company advertising free cPanel, it is often times that they are marking up the server costs to compensate for the loss. cPanel is a billed service and there is no way around it. So whether you are eating the cost or the provider is eating the cost, cPanel is still getting their dues. Back in the day Singlehop use to do this. They would eat some of the cost on licenses due to their profit margins being so high on the server end. Its all just a marketing gimmick and a good one at that.

Last edited:
There are most of the things that are not free. In internet world everything is billable. I think you can check if your license is valid or a free trial license through cpanel website.
Normally it is not required to activate your license every time. Also there is no risk if you are using a trial license.

Taking into account your needs, I can put forward a recommendation to give Rareservers.com a try.
They offer free cPanel within their VPS hosting packages. Use coupon code for 25% OFF: OFFVPSTODAY

Taking into account your needs, I can put forward a recommendation to give Rareservers.com a try.
They offer free cPanel within their VPS hosting packages. Use coupon code for 25% OFF: OFFVPSTODAY

According to your recommendation, they are not offering free cPanel, but in fact offering free installations. Big difference and that is not what the OP is requesting, which I believe he has found out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back