Status
Not open for further replies.
You have read anything about publicity, the guy own a little company and he wants new customers/clients, so why the fuck should not do that ? client come by herselfs?

Al right, you have done this before but now that you dont have a company as you sold it for 2$ and you are bored and pissed off that you sold it, no one will cry for you, so just stfu and dont fuck other's company's.

Just leave people make them work, and you do YOURS, also, forgiven its just 15/years old, why you dont get this at all?

What the fuck is wrong with certain people on here turning every thread into a drama thread (they know who they are). Why can't we all be civilized, is it too much to ask?

I think web hosts have every right to promote themselves, if hosts can't promote themselves then GFX artists, coders, etc shouldn't be able to recommend themselves in threads where there services are needed. I don't really see the harm in hosts saying "try hosting with us" or "give example.com a try" in threads where somebody needs hosting.

Hosting companies here obey all sorts of complicated rules/regulations, let's give them a break lol.

Hosting companies here obey all sorts of complicated rules/regulations, let's give them a break lol.

I actually lol'ed at that (not that it ain't true). Just that they follow so many rules, yet there is still drama created relating them? WJunction just doesn't make sense -.-

Dlow is bucking for a mod position here now is all Messiah so the song changes lol..

I do agree though that promoting your own hosting when someone is asking for reviews etc shouldt be allowed

@ kicker-hp_27

I still own webden lol ?

its not a hosting company anymore

barcode has turned it into a blog for me

and i was not bashing forgiven ? i actually help him out most of the time if you had read the bottom of my post you would have seen what i said lold

WJ has a small community but a lot of guests.Believe me that many respected members have advertised through whole forum with every possible way.I believe its not bad to advertise in other threads.If its bad then put the rule Advertise is forbidden and bam,end of story and spams.

Wj is one of the very little warez webmaster forums.And all companies here offer offshore,which is hard to find.

So,do not close companies with your rules that you like,send customers to them with the rules you don't add.

Nough said

Everyone has the right to advertise/network their company or what ever it is they aim for. But making replies such as advertising your own company in another users thread is nothing less than bashing/cock-blocking/ or what ever you wanna call it. Should not be allowed and I think infractions should be given put for it :|

And glad you see things the way I do iMage ;) (Heading for moderator strategy is a :)))

how about making a separate thread titled "Real Webhosting & Cashwhore Webhosting | The Differences" or something like it in the shared hosting section and write your points there ? see if it will be stickied.

I've had an idea. Like the file host area here on WJ I don't go near the Hosting Area but their used to be a similar problem years ago with DDL sites everyone constantly asking which is the best. Now one of the best and easiest things to do is just tell them to check out DDLRank.com With hosting it's not about traffic but it's regular uptime that's important as well as good support. Support is hard to measure but uptime isn't. Create a website based on the idea of DDLRank.com that measures hosting companies uptime and speed. This way the well established companies with 99.5% uptime will be at the top while kids with 60-70% uptime or really slow oversold servers will be at the bottom.
DDLRank.com is a great idea and helps loads of people. If a hosting one is half as successful in helping people it will be worth it.

I'll talk to Whoo and see if he's interested as you need someone trusted who has nothing to do with hosting to own/run it fairly.

What annoys me is that some hosting companies hires other people to give false reviews and stuff like that. And also what's kinda funny is that some companies says that "xxxx is the best host" when they are the owner. If you want to recommend your own host you should at least say something like this: " I own xxxx, try us " for example instead of pretending to be a customer of a host which you are not since you're the owner of the company or a friend of the owner. Be honest, don't lie.

I don't see any problem in promoting services here, or in bribing someone to post a fake review. Because, if people used common sense they wouldn't go with those scammy hosts, and noobs. They deserve it, no one should be blamed except them, they should have Googled out that company, or person who owns it before buying. There's no possible way to forbid promoting of something on a message board. If they can't do it via threads, they'll do it via private messages.

I don't see any problem in promoting services here, or in bribing someone to post a fake review. Because, if people used common sense they wouldn't go with those scammy hosts, and noobs. They deserve it, no one should be blamed except them, they should have Googled out that company, or person who owns it before buying. There's no possible way to forbid promoting of something on a message board. If they can't do it via threads, they'll do it via private messages.

Jason you did make very valid points on that post :|

Valid points? So cause of those noobs I should waste my time googling everything?

There shouldn't be any crappy hosts in the first place.

If you don't see a problem with bribing someone to post a fake review, somethings wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back