Status
Not open for further replies.

MG4

Hey guys,

I found a tutorial from a site regarding way to get XP product code from the CD itself. but i dont know how far its true mate. i tried with one of my XP, there is a product code inside the XP CD but the problem is the product code is different that the one provided for me... here is the tutorial.. please check and leave a reply here... thank you... here is the step.

captureotd.jpg

21 comments
LOL!!! Reply back to him where ever he/she is and say its a load of rubbish. You can make your own installation which is unattended mode in which you put your own key in and then when XP is installing you do not have to enter the key. That text file is UNATTEND.TXT. You will not find it on a retail XP disc.

yeah mate, 2 days back i downloaded windows XP genuine edition in katz, the poster provide me with serial key seperately with the archive. then i used winrar to explore the iso image and found the unattended.txt file also and the product code is different than the one provided for me....

Heres the guide to what this whole thread is on about:-

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/155197

Its all put in manually by the the user, I do not like Microsoft that much, but they are not stupid enough to have the product key in a text file.

I used to release the CZFXP versions of Windows XP but always used the normal setup rather than unattended, therefore no unattended setup information was saved. And to be honest on any file sharing forum theres probably little chance of a "Genuine" XP download.

"unattend.txt" is created when we try to edit OS by our own, or create an answer file for the Windows Installation setup.
The original CD does not have any unattend.txt they use some kinda algorithm to validate the key, there are thousands of product working on same CD, so you cant be sure its only in one text file :P

well its old shit...i tried this back in the days wen i bought my copy ofwindowsxphome edition legit :)

i came accross this later and even found thetextin my shining cd xD
it didnt works its bullshit
i wonder why they put this though

if you don't install WGA tool from windows updates, then you can use this key forever i think so, till now i didnt have any prblm with using the same key :P
LoLz..... where as you can still install other updates but make sure you uncheck WGA validation tool & don't download it :)

that WGA tool was to fix the WGA validation issue which comes while installing IE7 & WMP11, actually u can still download the updates without WGA tool too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back