Status
Not open for further replies.
Its fake pagerank. The pagerank was spoofed
42fca76834.png

I posted a link to a site to detect this very long ago
Anyway, here it is: http://www.seomastering.com/fake-pagerank-checker.php

Although most search engine optimizers agree that the green PR display has few to do with the real performance of a site in Google, many webmasters still focus on sites with a high PR.
When a search robot visits a webpage URL, the server redirects the spider to a page with high Page Rank. Google bot assigns the high PR to the webpage with the redirection because it thinks that web pages are the same.
When a user visits the page URL, the server does not redirect the surfer. That means that the visitors see the page of the faker and the Google toolbar displays PR of the redirected page. Google doesn't like cloaking, so you risk losing your rank if you use the method above.
It must have happened while changing servers dude

It isnt probably fake.
DownTR.NET was used to be a huge site, back in the time.
They got new domain, redirected old one so I guess google transferred PR from old to new domain, something same like getting fake PR.

WBB is low at PR because google dropped WBB catch few months ago as per my memories.

So lets say someone were to buy an old domain (2004-2006) and then "spoof" the PageRank and then sell it on for a profit?

Seems like it would be a clever scam, that is if the PR wasn't too high and if you sold to someone who isn't technically savvy. Could scam ad-spots too I guess, nasty stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back