Votes: 14 60.9%
  • Absolutely, positively DUMB!

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • To0, I'm dropping some nukes on you!

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the War forum isn't designed to be front and center and should be excluded from being shown on the latest posts module. Just like anywhere else on the forum there will have to be rules.

Furthermore, no it's not okay to flame or be ignorant to anyone on any threads or posts, but it happens and it happens often. That is why I have suggested the War forum. By allowing this the Administrators & Moderators will gain more control of the community. Instead of having to moderate members attacking, jabbing & defaming on various threads, it will all be done in one forum. I'm telling you Loget, that the creation of the War forum will reduce the belittling that occurs on various threads and posts by as much as 90%. Also, it's not just a negative Forum, it can be used in a lot of good ways. It allows members to express themselves in a more open and free manner instead of being suppressed and restricted as some who lash out may feel.

Just off the top of my head here. There could be a Member Roast sub forum, where it's all for fun, kind of like Comedy Centrals Celebrity Roast (http://www.tv.com/shows/comedy-central-roast/). It's not just a negative thing here like some are thinking. It can be expanded and used as entertainment as well as other means.

As far as the alternatives to this that you have suggested like shutting off the computer and walking away. We don't live in a perfect world, it's just not going to happen like that, lol.

Yes I am an American, and here we have one of the most vast transit systems in the world. Without the buses, without the trains, without the rapids, people would be driving illegally, breaking the law and running people over (more than they currently do). What I am saying, is that there needs to be a place for people to vent, an alternative to roasting someone in their threads. You provide that outlet and watch what happens. It's not as bad as you think. It's actually pretty fun and it works in more ways than one.

Last edited:
5SodY89.jpg

You'll get comments like that^ in the WAR section ? If yes, then I'm in for this :D

If your idea of venting is cussing strangers out on a forum, then you need some major changes in your life. Get some therapy or some shit man.

That's not the entire emphasis behind this idea Phamous. The War forum is going to be just another area, and doesn't have to be for specifically "flaming" people or cussing on the forum like you do in many of your average threads. As of right now WJ is basically your entire War forum, which it shouldn't be. You should talk a little more mature on here, like you used to:

Peace To0, you were a great, innovative member in the scene. I love what you did with USAW, and I wish you a great life ahead. Thanks for the (small) memories we shared, have a great life.

---------- Post added 14th Feb 2013 at 01:53 AM ---------- Previous post was 13th Feb 2013 at 03:43 PM ----------

A perfectly good example of something that could be posted in the "War" forum:

http://www.wjunction.com/5-general-discussion/165925-loonycgb2-hero.html#post1765423

I didn't tee off on the guy, but it will more than likely turn into that once he sees the thread. Perfect for the war forum.

Last edited:
Also a Debate forum would be something nice to have as well.

An isolated area where people can talk about tough topics. This would be outside of the General Community "where everything goes". Could make War forum a sub of the Debate Forum, vice versa. The reason Debate would be nice is because people put more into it when it's outside of general community. Should be taken as a serious forum with replies like CVRLE has when he gets motivated enough, minimum character post, etc.

Shall create a new thread for this maybe someday.

If every comment is going to be as long and borring as To0´s I think that that by itself will cure anyones anger issues, I fell asleep reading the first post.

However, a ¨War Forum¨ would be interesting if instead of stupid, ignorant and childish comments people post images or memes.

I wouldn't encourage such behavior, let a long make a special forum for it. If you got time to wage war online, then my friend, I suggest you get a hobby.

If every comment is going to be as long and borring as To0´s I think that that by itself will cure anyones anger issues, I fell asleep reading the first post.

:rofl:

Idiotic idea. This is a webaster forum and WTH does WAR have to do with it ? Idiotic idea.

Not sure what a "Webaster" is. Some form of e-masturbation maybe?

It's not an idiotic idea at all. It will deter people from unleashing themselves on threads. Instead of someone getting aggravated when reading a thread and saying something to belittle the op, they can create a thread about it in the War forum.

I wouldn't encourage such behavior, let a long make a special forum for it. If you got time to wage war online, then my friend, I suggest you get a hobby.

Your not encouraging it. It's already happening, so it needs to be dealt with. One way to do it is by making a specific category for people to say what they want about someone. Otherwise your just going to see it riddled throughout this forum in various important and meaningful topics.

Which is worse?

One forum specifically for this type of behavior. Or an entire forum left open for individuals to tee off? Because that's exactly what is happening. You think it's better for a guest, new member, old member, anyone to see garbage on a decent topic? Absolutely not.

War Forum > Entire Forum

P.S. My hobby is WJ for a couple yearz.

Last edited:
I agree that there is already drama/flaming/arguing on the entire site, but if there was a war forum then people would feel free to kick it up a few notches. Instead of calling someone a noob in a post, they'd go to the war forum and call them a dog-fucking son of a whore. There would be racial bashing, tons of threads about alleged scammers (most of which would be untrue) and uploaders vs. non-uploaders. It would eventually spill over to the cb and then the mods will start banning.

I dont think its the right tone for WJ, but as long as there are no threads about me in there, I wont complain too much ;)

You make a valid point there Mindy, im sure there would be a ton of "scammer" threads in a forum like that, with the accusations being unfounded or proved. Also is it really something you want ranking that high in Google? If it got used as much as you say it will To0 it would outrank other forums and threads on this forum that are geared toward webmasters. It did work on USAW, but that was a warez forum, this is not. No offence bud but im not sure it would be a great idea

I haven't got time to hate anyone therefore I would never use the section, it could have a negative impact on me as all I can see it doing is someone creating a thread hating at me, I don't plan on making any hate threads so the only time I would have interaction with the section is if someone was slating my name.

I dont know why but it would be fun with that much drama and all like people saying messed up things to other people and all
I think it would be somewhat an area where people could laugh at what others wrote :P

The War Forum is not a negative forum, nor does it promote negativity. The forum is just like any other forum and will have it's own set of rules. It's main intention and goal is "fun" and "peace", not "hatred" or "negativity".

Were all humans, we all say things we shouldn't. There's nothing wrong with having a war forum. It's not always directed towards another member. It could be about anything.

We could have:
- Member Roasts (Fun - no harm)
- Celebrity Roasts (Fun - no harm)
- Site Roasts (Fun - no harm)
- Member Wars (Touchy Subject)

When confronting another member threads can be tailored somewhat like this: http://www.wjunction.com/5-general-discussion/165925-loonycgb2-hero.html

This does not promote negativity, this promotes peace. As you can see from my example above. Loony no longer runs rampant on my threads (ie; WJunction). Thus reducing the amount of visual pungency of the forum.

All opinions have been great - I agree with them all.

All I am asking is to not view this forum as a negative forum, because that's not it's intention. I've done this before. It didn't downgrade the performance at all. Didn't promote 2k13 pups (which there are millions already here.. so yea), we all had a blast, it was for fun, anyone with half a brain could see it was for fun, it kept the shit out of the rest of my community, it made the forum run much smoother, made members happier, people became closer.

Last edited:
Staff will not be available in that part of forum, if it ever lives. So you might exclude that from the idea, that you can call on staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back