Want To Make A Website ( Education Related )

Status
Not open for further replies.

PremiumRdp

Hello,

I am Pradeep

I am student of Engineering CSE Branch

Recently I got a idea In my mind.

in my college there are many students who want to learn c, c++ , Java, Etc

And you know we bunk classes so we miss lactures and then we need that topic to learn

So my Idea is :-

I want to make a website In which

1. I will post Video Recording of Lectures
2. must have registration option
3. in which there must have category of all branches and sessions and teachers when registering
4. also option to select in which you are expert like C , C++, Java etc
5. because when a user want to solve some problem or want to learn something he can find member who can help him and can PM him.
6. I will also post many pdf files for tutorials of coding related or computer related. technology related.

This was for education related features.

Now other is

1. I want a special features for teachers of option to give special permission to specific teachers of users in which they can modify comments , ban users, edit anythings
2. they can also send message to all students for any news etc.
3. I want when they send message it have to go to his mobile no , facebook profile page, email .
4. I want it to work like a community in which user can talk with each other chat with each other take help from each other

So all in one
I want to make a website in which I will update all news related to my college, and I will also post tutorials , also in which there will be features to ask something education related problem to experts ,
also a category of video lectures of all branch all subjects.
also there will be a profile page in which all information of students teachers will be given .
also option will be given to teachers to send all users news which will be updated to mobile , facebook , email.

Note :- Please Read Whole Post to understand it

I know its a whole package which can be done by making a costom script

Please tell me what to do for make this

Is there is any script related to this ?

Regards
PremiumRdp

10 comments
1. Nice Idea :)

2. A custom script would be the best way to go but this isn't no small job and could work out quite expensive.

3. If a custom script did work out quite expensive, I'm sure you could modify some other CMS script, Wordpress or even vBulletin to suit your needs.

This is exactly the kind of script i love to code but sadly just don't have the time with work and everything,
Theres many others here that could do it,
Try one of the Respected Developers (Gaurav, Mr Happy, mRAza, Qarizma, soft2050, SplitIce)
JmZ or maybe Lock Down
Get a quote of how much it will cost then decide from there ... or you could post your Budget.

Most Universities in the UK use a Virtual Learning System.. Safe to say all use Moodle,, this is the moodle I USE

http://moodle.coventry.ac.uk

once in you have different modules we study.. then future split into lectures..
we can also submit work.. create a forum.. etc.. we also use turnitin addon to check for plagiarism

have the same idea , but in civil engineering branch

good luck

i advice u to use adsense , since it's legal site,

sorry for spam :)

@PremiumRdp
Almost every part can be possible with wordpress
1. Install self-hosted wordpress.
2. Install MANTRA or SUFFUSION theme. They have hundreds of customization
I will suggest SUFFUSION <3

http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/mantra
http://wordpress.org/extend/themes/suffusion

1. I want a special features for teachers of option to give special permission to specific teachers of users in which they can modify comments , ban users, edit anythings
You can categorize username and their rank after registration. You teacher's can have special powers like admin, author, mod etc.

2. they can also send message to all students for any news etc.
Install PM Plugin
http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/private-messages-for-wordpress/

3. I want when they send message it have to go to his mobile no , facebook profile page, email .
This is tricky :-=

4. I want it to work like a community in which user can talk with each other chat with each other take help from each other
There are lots of free plugins like QUICK CHAT.
Easy to customize and works great

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/quick-chat/

HOPE, THIS HELPS

Last edited:
Thanks Guys for reply :)

I know its possible to pm all users. but main is if user dont open site how they will get news ?
for example when users are on holiday and teachers want to send some news to all users.

this is the reason i want mobile and facebook option

if its possible with wordpress then its good . how to do this things ? :-

3. in which there must have category of all branches and sessions and teachers when registering
4. also option to select in which you are expert like C , C++, Java etc
5. because when a user want to solve some problem or want to learn something he can find member who can help him and can PM him.

Invisions IPB has those capabilities built in. All the options are there to set up the site any way you like. Go to their website

Code:
invisionpower.com
and look up the products known as ip.board and ip.blog ..

No one has replied on the custom script becuase you are talking hundreds of dollars to create such a package. And you have not mentioned what you are willing to pay.

Even a pre-defined software like IPB is a couple of hundred dollars with skins and apps and mods.

Last edited:
@Lock Down

sorry bro .. but i didnt maintained price bacause i dont know how much it would be.

i want to know if any one can do this fully for me :- Theme Work, Coding, Mobile SMS and Facebook etc
i am ready to pay. but atleast i want to know how much the cost would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back