Want to become a graphic designer !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Me4ever

I love doing these gfx stuffs but unfortunately i dint get a chance to learn it ! Need ur suggestions as how can i learn photoshop and be a decent designer atleast ! Im from India ! suggest any courses !

Expecting ur replies !

13 comments
Why don,t you try to learn by installing them in your pc you can easily learn them,you can also take online classes
I think in india there are many training centers who give there services for such courses.

A good way might be to try to rebuild existing gfx works.
Easy ones for the beginning.. and as you get better the harder ones. ;)

Just google the specific parts / effects of the design, there are tutorials for the majority of them. :)

Also, you can try finding free PSDs to rebuild, so you can have a look yourself how the original designer did the effect. :)

Regards

in Internet live, everything is free
so better search in youtube with following terms
"gfx tutorials"
& "photoshop tutorial"

Make any tutorial you find on Google. It will be very useful for you because sometimes you will get quick tips in some of them to make your work faster.

Option 1: Shortcut. Go to a graphic degree program institute. (NIIT/MAAC etc.) Learn from there and start working. I don't like this approach because you do not do hard work to gain that knowledge. Also, you will only learn the stuff which the institutes want to teach and nothing else. Also, you tend to loose your creativity because every time you will create the effects that are taught in the school.

Option 2: Takes longer time but is worth it.This approach helps you gain OVERALL control of the software, gain some perspective of the profession and some design sense. Download photoshop and illustrator. Start by video tutorials. Then more specific tutorial. By the end of 1 month, if you watch around 5-10 videos daily, you will become an average graphic designer. Then start a free graphic designing service here, gain some solid experience and reputation and start your course to freelancing. Do not stop watching new tutorials until at least 3 months. After that, start creating a style of your own.

Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back