VPS6.net - Linux/Windows from $3.33/mo, 1Gbps, RAID5 10k SAS, Seedbox (USA, DE, TR)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an update for everybody: there have been 2 servers in Romania that we have diagnosed with firmware problems, which have caused the recent downtime.

Essentially, this firmware mismatch causes the P410i RAID controllers in those servers to malfunction, which results in a silent kernel crash.

I have been working with our network technicians in Romania throughout the day to resolve this, and I do believe the problem will not recur. The firmware has been patched, and we have been closely monitoring both servers since earlier today to guarantee advanced performance.

I apologize for any inconvenience caused by these errors. Things should be "back on track," now, so there will be no further interruptions of service.

Kind regards,

This virtual server has been suspended by the administrator. Please contact support. He's kidding me, just upgraded 3 days.

my vps has gotten so slow today
i hope this doesnt continue

node is taking a hammeringggggggg

please fix this. all i have is kloxo running and this things is crawling

Last edited:
Rrrrrright....

We do our best -- beginning in May, we'll be doubling the help desk staff to include 6 new part-time techs, in the hope that we can get back to 20-30 minute response times.

It is May now... my VPS has been down for hours already... AGAIN. It really doesn't even surprise me anymore.

NO-one available on chat, NO reply to a high priority ticket for hours now. Unfortunately this is nothing new...

Folks, don't be fooled, this is not an isolated event, read the comments on this site written recently. I had to deal with this way too often. They were doing well in the beginning, hence some good reviews. Don't be fooled by them though. Things have changed and they cannot cope and they cannot deliver many of their promises.

I will gladly DUMP VPS6, remembering their horrible up-time, their empty promises and their kind support (for what it's worth!). Lessons learned :facepalm:

It is May now... my VPS has been down for hours already... AGAIN. It really doesn't even surprise me anymore.

NO-one available on chat, NO reply to a high priority ticket for hours now. Unfortunately this is nothing new...

Folks, don't be fooled, this is not an isolated event, read the comments on this site written recently. I had to deal with this way too often. They were doing well in the beginning, hence some good reviews. Don't be fooled by them though. Things have changed and they cannot cope and they cannot deliver many of their promises.

I will gladly DUMP VPS6, remembering their horrible up-time, their empty promises and their kind support (for what it's worth!). Lessons learned :facepalm:

Hi,

Could you please provide your ticket number, either here or in a private message? There are no hardware- or network-related issues affecting our client servers right now, so I am eager to get this downtime situation resolved for you immediately.

As for the support you've received, I feel some sort of compensation is in order, if you really feel it has been that bad!

Please get back to me at your earliest convenience.

Thank you,

Dont' forgot the horrible speed of around 1 - 5Mbit in Romaina / Germany in the afternoon _every_ day. But hey, i think it's not the fault from VPS6 it's clearly the fault of one of the most crap network on the Planet "Voxility / Limehost"! They overbook the network extremly to be cheap, and i mean it's only cheap not low-priced quality. X-(

Dont' forgot the horrible speed of around 1 - 5Mbit in Romaina / Germany in the afternoon _every_ day. But hey, i think it's not the fault from VPS6 it's clearly the fault of one of the most crap network on the Planet "Voxility / Limehost"! They overbook the network extremly to be cheap, and i mean it's only cheap not low-priced quality. X-(

This is very interesting to hear, as we actually tested latency and connection speed from several of Voxility's POPs before choosing to host with them.

Do you have any logs of speed tests available? Where were you downloading/uploading from, that you noticed such intolerable speeds?

I can send you speed logs if you need them. I can also send you smokeping statistics from different stations in the world. You can see clearly that the latency is going up every night and the speed drops to under 10Mbit, you can also read about it on the net, it's no secret that Voxility / Limehost overbook the network... it had a reason why i chanceled my german VPS, the speedrops were unacceptable but no, i think it's not your fault at all, i simply think you choose the wrong network to deal with... don't know how many tickets you have on your daily biz about speedproblems but i think there must be some, not only from me ;)

I can send you speed logs if you need them. I can also send you smokeping statistics from different stations in the world. You can see clearly that the latency is going up every night and the speed drops to under 10Mbit, you can also read about it on the net, it's no secret that Voxility / Limehost overbook the network... it had a reason why i chanceled my german VPS, the speedrops were unacceptable but no, i think it's not your fault at all, i simply think you choose the wrong network to deal with... don't know how many tickets you have on your daily biz about speedproblems but i think there must be some, not only from me ;)

Shadesh,

The reason I'm so interested in your report is that we actually hear nothing but glowing praise for Voxility's networks; our clients generally report that download/upload speeds across Europe are excellent.

We lease full cabinets with dedicated 10Gbit uplinks, so perhaps this has allowed us to receive "special treatment" from Voxility, if what you say about their network is really true. Either way, they've been brilliant for us, and we have no plans to move elsewhere!

For what it's worth, here are a few speed tests I just ran between our networks:

Germany (Voxility) to Turkey via Invitel said:
[root@tr-14 ~]# wget http://109.163.238.38/100mb.bin
--2012-05-01 12:41:27-- http://109.163.238.38/100mb.bin
Connecting to 109.163.238.38:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 104857600 (100M) [application/octet-stream]
Saving to: “100mb.bin.1”

100%[========================>] 104,857,600 30.0M/s in 3.3s

2012-05-01 12:41:30 (30.0 MB/s) - “100mb.bin.1” saved [104857600/104857600]

Germany to Romania (Voxility) said:
[root@ro-10 ~]# wget 109.163.238.38/100mb.bin
--2012-05-01 12:43:19-- http://109.163.238.38/100mb.bin
Saving to: “100mb.bin.8”

100%[========================>] 104,857,600 59.8M/s in 1.7s

2012-05-01 12:43:21 (59.8 MB/s) - “100mb.bin.8” saved [104857600/104857600]

Germany (Voxility) to Los Angeles via nLayer said:
[root@la-14 ~]# wget 109.163.238.38/100mb.bin
--2012-05-01 02:44:48-- http://109.163.238.38/100mb.bin
Saving to: “100mb.bin.2”

100%[========================>] 104,857,600 15.7M/s in 10s

2012-05-01 02:44:58 (15.7 MB/s) - “100mb.bin.2” saved [104857600/104857600]

I find the last result especially impressive, given the geographical distance between Germany and Los Angeles (west coast USA). In all my experience, I've been extremely pleased with Voxility -- we wouldn't host with anyone but the best. :)

Now try the same on a weekend or in the afternoon (german time)... you will see the the speed in not so good as you present here.... see my tickets and you can see what "speed" i see....

Edit:

2 Smokeping Stations, one in germany, one in italy, both are ONLY for monitoring and idle in network activity shows this:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1839549/10days.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1839549/10days2.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1839549/30hours.jpg
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1839549/30hours2.jpg

Now tell me something about your so amazing partner Voxility....

Last edited:
Shadesh,

Thanks for the information. I see an increase in latency of approximately 20-40ms at a few specific times, but I do not see any direct correlation with transfer speeds in this data. I will, of course, continue to test the speed, and let you know if I notice that it drops as drastically as you report in the afternoon (it is just after 12PM in Germany now, in fact).

May I also ask if you know which intermediate carriers your Smokeping stations are using to connect to Voxility's network?

Kind regards,

Increase and, most important, packet loss, this is the bigger problem in speed. But you know what i mean, TCP needs to retransfer each lost packet and so on... bla bla.

Stations are giving the handshake to Voxility over Level3 and direct Decix Peering, both german and romanian node. The other smokes, with the same picture, one in SE and one in NL routes over AMS-IX to Voxility.

Please someone to answer to this ticket #242045

I wait 2 days, how much i need to wait until this process will be finish ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back