Status
Not open for further replies.

pisoj1

Ok guys this is driving me insane! I mean I want to put a bullet in my head insane! I bought a unmanaged VPS and I get these problems

So here goes. I install SMF2.0 RC3 by logging in via FTP...then I go to the forum and try to install a mod I make a temp folder set it to ch mod 777 and what not...then I enter my FTP details and then I click install. It says it is installed. But when I go to check the mod options its not there! So I check my file manager and nothing was moded or added BUT the database for the mod was(AJAX chat). I can install themes. But I can't do mods. my website folder is set to 755 I can make it 777 and sources is the same as it is...I did it still no luck...

It says the mod installed so I try uninstalling it when it does that it says test fails! so files were never really altered or added etc. Now I think I could make EVERY file 777 but thats not god hackers get in easier and I'd have to do it to every single dam file!

If anyone can help I will love you forever and you will prevent suicide from a SMF user! What more do you want!

p.s. I use KLOXO control panel.

ALSO do not want to manaully install mods -.- I'd have to do A CRAP LOAD I need about 10-20 mods.

6 comments
I have checked that all files are my own.

I have this one thing in my file manager its owner is root if I try to do anything to it I get this message: you_are_trying_to_go_outside_your_root

public_html -> /home/josip/megahotfile.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back