Not open for further replies.

WaReZ

Banned
Banned
Hey

I am planning to get a VPS from volumedrive.com they look amazingly cheap

anyone is using their service? what are speeds like? and also uptime

10 comments
Well, as with all those budget VPS providers you will get a poor budget hardware and loads of virtual servers per Node(they have to make the profit somehow).

I agree. I paid for a server and they stole my money and never gave me the server. I guess that's how they keep their prices so low. They're now ignoring all my emails.

People think they steal your money, but they don't. They have very slow setup time and usually do not respond to emails until the server is up. I'm talking sometimes over a month or two.

It's been over a year for me and they promised me at least 5 times that they would get it set up and once I told them that it was just ridiculously a long time and I wanted my money back, they stopped responding to me. They have stolen my money. Maybe other people were more lucky than me.

I agree. I paid for a server and they stole my money and never gave me the server. I guess that's how they keep their prices so low. They're now ignoring all my emails.
I disagree. I've been a customer of volumedrive for almost 7 months, I think. I'm going into the 8th month now. Their servers have never been down this whole 7 months. I can show Paypal transaction proofs. If their servers were suck, then I wouldn't have continued for 7 months, would I? Maybe you're just shopping at the wrong store.

Yes, they don't respond very frequently. But that's also what makes it possible for them to provide cheap prices. Some companies charge more because of maintenance, support and other blah blah blah. This company is for people who don't need much support and can rely on their own once the server information is handed to you.
Dun buy from volumedrive..They suck
Maybe support-wise but not performance-wise. They're great with the uptimes.
It's been over a year for me and they promised me at least 5 times that they would get it set up and once I told them that it was just ridiculously a long time and I wanted my money back, they stopped responding to me. They have stolen my money. Maybe other people were more lucky than me.
So, you've waited over a year to setup a server? What the heck went wrong in your mind? You should've contacted some higher companies that can deal with this, or even just contacting Paypal with the right information will get you your server!

It's very obvious, that having a customer wait for over a year to setup a server is just a fail and direct loss from the hosting company site. That being said, your story seems to be missing important fragments.

If I were you, if they made me wait over a month, I'll get in contact with the payment gateway to get it sorted. Unless, you've agreed to wait the over-1-year setup time :P
It doesn't matter how long it's been. A scam's a scam.
Exactly, just like a nonsense-insult is a nonsense insult. Nothing more :P

So what you're basically saying is that if a customer orders something and the provider doesn't provide the service promised and paid for that after a certain amount of time passes, the provider is then exempt from providing a refund because it is "a fail [sic] and direct loss from the hosting company site"? That's a strange viewpoint and I highly doubt it would hold up in court.

That being said, your story seems to be missing important fragments.
I would be happy to provide them for you.

So, you've waited over a year to setup a server? What the heck went wrong in your mind? You should've contacted some higher companies that can deal with this, or even just contacting Paypal with the right information will get you your server!
I agree. I was negligent in that respect. I basically put it on the backburner for a while with other things to do since I didn't actually NEED the server right away. I assumed they had somehow overlooked it and gave them the benefit of the doubt that when I contacted them that they would set it up, however they didn't after multiple promises that they would.

I disagree. I've been a customer of volumedrive for almost 7 months, I think. I'm going into the 8th month now.
Good for you. I really hope it works out. However VD are hit and miss from what I have heard. Many people get superb service and quality, others get garbage. You must be one of the lucky ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back