• vb

Votes: 22 71.0%
  • phpbb

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

thecompgame

Hey guys i was testing vb on my site and omg, its amazing compared 2 PHPBB...
Even the skins look better on vB.
(Its not actually up on my site im just testing it in a directory so nobody can see it.)

17 comments
This most certainly does not belong in introductions.

Also added a poll and voted for vb.

Last edited:
It does not matter what other think. I mean that you want to make a forum and you will be the one who will administer it. You find a forum soft. wch is easy for you to manage. VB can be easy for other bt nt necessarily for you. You might find it difficult. I am telling u this as I too went wth others advice and ended up getting all confused.

Do take everyones advice/opinion, its a gud thing, but dnt follow them blindly :)

So my simple advice is that you see other scripts too apart from the abv 2 and see wch u find easier.

Also nt only looks are important in deciding a forum script. Many other factors should also be taken into consideration like ease of managing it, easy admin cp, whether you can use it properly or nt etc etc

Make your decision wisely :)

Thank you

i have experience in both and i prefer phpbb because of rocket theme! :) their phpbb skins rock!!!! phpbb has the same scripts and mods as VB. All the vbulletin skins i've come across all are a variety of bluefox, greenfox which are so overused and boring or you need to end up paying over $150 for a decent looking customized VB skin :(

phpbb is good for noobs.
That couldn't be further from the truth. vBulletin is for noobs as it has a noob friendly plugin and theme system.

PHPBB is hard to install modifications as it requires lots of edits and updating is also difficult due to all the modifications that need to be redone. vBulletin is far easier to use, update and install plugins on making it ideal for noobs.

The only thing your statement does is show you clearly haven't a clue what your on about.

As for the original topic with vB and PHPBB it's like comparing a bicycle and a horse and cart when IPB is a Ferrari.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back