Status
Not open for further replies.

pankaj

I am interested in learning to design a vB skin. Some one said there's no such thing as vB skin, we can design a PSD and it can be coded to any forum's skin.

I want to try out vB skin.
Do I need to see only homepage and make a PSD of how exactly the homepage shall be ?
Any tutorial available for vB ?

10 comments
Yeah. Just design normally in PS taking care of all the functions and options you want in the theme like register, log in, forums, mark all read, collapse category etc. Basically your main page will be having 80% of your layout. All you need to design more(which is usually after someone buys it) is the thread layout, post layout, admin page and few others as what the coders requests but these will be really simple.

Yeah. Just design normally in PS taking care of all the functions and options you want in the theme like register, log in, forums, mark all read, collapse category etc. Basically your main page will be having 80% of your layout. All you need to design more(which is usually after someone boys it) is the thread layout, post layout, footers, admin page(rarely) and few others as what the coders requests but these will be really simple.

nice share :)

There are no real tutorials for this but, heres how i suggest you go about it.

First of all, you need to know how to code an xhtml/css layout like the back of your hand.
You also need to be VERY familiar with the vbulletin templating system.
Once you can do both those, you just gotta replace images and change CSS/HTML in the templates

Thanks timtamboy but I need to learn designing first and then will go for coding.

I tried something today. But got nothing, still sharing.

[slide]http://i46.tinypic.com/33b0l1c.jpg[/slide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back