Using Online Resources For Your GFX

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsmYarD

Banned
Banned
Well hey guys,

I have a huge archive of all sorts of online resources for GFX and I have realised many of the famous GFXers here use these resources for majority of their work. I tend to see that they are hardly putting effort by creating their own graphics but instead it's all stolen. I doubt most of these guys even paid for the resources (coming from a warez background).

Since these GFXers don't have to put as much effort than to those who create majority of their designs themselves, do you think it's fair to charge the client (or to claim it fully as their works).

Leave your opinions. :)

P.S.: Not trying to bash anyone, at times I use these resources as well.

9 comments
When you get paid like $10 or $15 for a logo, theres no way a gfx'er should spend all the time required to make a completely original design. It shouldn't be a rip-off of someone else's work, but if they use something from one of the psd sites as a base, thats totally acceptable imo.

If you want a completely unique design, pay $200 for it.

When you get paid like $10 or $15 for a logo, theres no way a gfx'er should spend all the time required to make a completely original design. It shouldn't be a rip-off of someone else's work, but if they use something from one of the psd sites as a base, thats totally acceptable imo.

If you want a completely unique design, pay $200 for it.

If you're paying $200, you're getting a 100% unique design which is in vector as well as guidelines etc for the logo.

In $10-$15 you are doing it in 72dpi and I am not talking about PSD bases but for example you take the background from one resource, you take the text effect from another resource, find an icon from an icon pack put it together and kaboom, logo's done.

I understand users in wj pay extremely little for GFX but to some extend I would blame the quality of the GFXers as well.

Its you got some nice vectors and all ? :S Can you PM some resource sites mate as I dont ever find any good resources to make my own site logo :(

PS: I dont sell or do gfx work, its for self use

Well, name me one person who DOESNT take other's work in making out a logo ???
You pay less, and you deserve what you get out of your money mate ;)

I totally agree with Mindy. What do you actually think? That some of the gfx'ers here will work like few hours on a simple banner for $5 ??????? Don't think so.

If you want something unique, something really epic, WJ isn't the place to get it.

I totally agree with Mindy. What do you actually think? That some of the gfx'ers here will work like few hours on a simple banner for $5 ??????? Don't think so.

If you want something unique, something really epic, WJ isn't the place to get it.
Well you cant say there is none in WJ for professional Work, we got Nitish, Rohit ;)

Wait i want to make vector brandable logos but for 5$ to think about ideas and draw it all on Ilustrator ? - No thanks i do that only for costumers who pays more than 50$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back