[Urgent] Which one to Buy ? Samsung Plasma E450 or Samsung LED EH5000 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rohan123

Hello,

I am planning to buy 1 new TV for my guest room, I want minimum 40"

I have never used Plasma TVs so I don't know about them.

I am confused in 2 models of samsung.

1 is Samsung LED EH5000 40"
2 is Samsung Plasma 43" E450

Which one should I buy ?

Please Help ASAP.. Gonna buy tomorrow.

Thank You

15 comments
is LG better than Samsung ? also how much does it cost you ?

I don't have any budget problem.. I will buy what I will like, no matter how much it costs :)

In that case, I suggest you do some research mate, technology is way beyond Plasma now. You can even go for 3D if your budget is that high.

As for Samsung vs LG, can't really say which is best. I have experience with both and I have no complains, so far.

I am in import/export business and I do import electronics, these days not dealing in TVs.. But one of my known one is doing.. he must be having Samsung LEDs or Plasma in stock and he will give me around 50% off on MRP.... and I don't care about warranty..

and I think nobody imports LG TVs so it will not be available at lower price for me..

So I want to go with Samsung.. Just confused between LED and Plasma.. What to do :(

is LG better than Samsung ? also how much does it cost you ?

I don't have any budget problem.. I will buy what I will like, no matter how much it costs :)
No, set your budget otherwise you'll have hard time finding the one that'll satisfy you :facepalm:. I mean, if you don't have any budget problem like you said, then why not search for the "best" recommended and most expensive available TV that's available to consumers? cuz that'll be the best you can get.

Get LED.

no need of 3D... want normal 40" screen.

So I am now making my mind to buy Samsung EH5000 40" LED.. it will cost me around 25,000 INR ( market price is around 55-60k )

I will discuss further while buying :)

What I just found :(

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090921120106AAysVyu

they are saying that Plasma is much better :(

UPDATE: Just talked to my friend who imports these, He is offering 42" Samsung 3D Plasma TV to me for 30,000 INR... Should I buy it ? sounds very cheap in price, and it's 3D :D

I will get it tomorrow ;) that 42" Will look awesome in my medium sized room :D

Does Plasmas have any problems ? Do they occur problems ? Coz As I am gonna buy a imported Plasma I will not get any warranty.. :) the genuine one will cost me around 40,000..

and the imported one will cost me around 28,000... He is asking for 30,000 but I will not give more than 28000 :D

sc001.jpg

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTIwTxGBroA[/ame]

Last edited:
There is not a worse or better. Each of the technologies has their advantages and disadvantages.

A few:
- Plasma has better blacks, LED has brighter colors.

- Plasma consumes more electricity than LED.

- It is not necessary for a LED to burn in, Plasma you are advised to do so the first 100 hours.

- Plasma is better suited for dark rooms, LED for lighter rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back