Uploaders Automated Link Checking Service // Checklinks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dman

Site is finally over and open for review
Code:
http://checklinks.org
The whole site is custom coded.. feel free to give any suggestions. :bloodlust:

What is Checklinks and what are the benefits of using it?

- Be notified immediately by email when your links go dead.
No more having to manually check your links every day or people complaining the links are dead!
- Show the status of your links with real time images.
When people view your thread they'll know instantaneously if the links are dead or alive, without the need to check.
- Manage your links in the easy to use User Control Panel.
You can view all the links you've submitted, manually check if their working, edit and delete them any time.
- Search your links
This is a handy feature if your a big uploader, the search feature enables you to search through all of the links you have submitted.
- Costs absolutely nothing and we protect your privacy!
This is and always will be a free service. Your email address is required to email you when your links die, we will NOT sell/rent or loan your email to anyone!
- You can even use our standalone linkchecker for checking links.
If you don't want us to automatically check your links for you, your welcome to check your links at any time with our free 'standalone linkchecker'.

14 comments
Site is a great idea, looks awesome. All I can say is, I think you should explain more exactly what the site does on the first page, and in your post too, cause I went to the site (knowing it was a site about link checking, by the domain name obviously) but just thought it was another link checking site, except I didn't see a form to paste all your links into.

Anyway other than that, A+

@iBook - You are probably right, I need to explain more clearly what the site does. I will do that thanks :)
@thetillian - Thanks.

Are the links you submit publicly viewable by everybody? if so i think you should make it so only who submits them can see them :)

Can you highlight the key features, it contrasts with the other text, maybe a green for the key features

- Be notified immediately by email when your links go dead.
- Show the status of your links with real time images.
those bits.

The sponsers on this page http://checklinks.org/lc.php is bold. if you want to make it bold on there make it bold on all pages :P. I've told you other things on MSN. That's all for now. I like the way its 'vista' type (colours).

I really love this site .. I've started using it.
But there is a bug I think. When I have already added my link and often when I try to get the bbcode or check the link, it tells me to login again and again :/

Else, it's great :)

How often does this happen, i mean you login and click on bbcode after 5-10 minutes or after 1 minute ? Possible bug, may have to fix but i need more info. Thanks for comment Plutost and Seifer

Everytime I logout and login again.
When I click on check link, it ask me to login again.

Well that's a minor problem. If you have nothing to do, then check it .. else, never mind :p

I love the site as it is.

btw, if I donate, do I get to be part of the sponsor list as well? :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back