Status
Not open for further replies.

-={MINDFREAK}=-

hello friends,
today my friend gave me his laptop (hp 520) for formating. When i insert windows xp cd & booting from it after that i enter into setup it shows me furthur error that setup did not find any hard disc drives. I am attaching a image of the error & hope will get sollution asap.

Regards,
MINDFREAK

Last edited:
12 comments
Well, It Seems that the HDD cable is Unplugged or loose, If You are Able to fix the HDD cables (in Laptop case" Its a bit of risky & hard) so do so, unless Contact to your Nearest Hardware Store.

check out in BIOS to see if there's the hard drive.
if it's not, better take the laptop to HP,
if yes, then probably the disk drive isn't correctly installed/format. better use winpe toolkit cd with diskmanager to format.
good luck.

@Arvendu & Garfield2
Thanks a ton guys........yup you were correct that sata native mode was enabled in bios. Now i have disabled that function & problem fixed now but what is that function actually & why we need to disable it?

may be u using old XP CD which not supports SATA HDD. if u want to enable SATA mode download latest windows XP SP3 with SATA drivers install it

ur welcome

It is highly likely that you will not be able to control your computers ability to handle SATA drives if the manufacturer of the computer and its BIOS have determined that they DO NOT WANT YOU TO install an alternative operating system other than the one supplied with the computer.

Or you may have to find a 3rd party sata driver to install when the xp asks for ut. Then it will find it.

You are probably not using the HP install disk or recovery cd for this laptop.

if you install xp lots of times then you can just download driver packs and slipstream them into your xp installation, for that you can use nLite.... saves time in most cases :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back