Status
Not open for further replies.

DeathKnell

It’s day three of the TorrentFactory story under which Pablo, a 15-year-old Swiss programmer, takes on the might of the entertainment cartels represented, in this instance, by Holland’s BREIN, a kind of RIAA/MPAA combo.

Now, “Torrent downloading currently unavailable,” says Pablo.

“By following the BREIN instruction, we had to close all torrent download pages. I’m still gathering torrents on the developement environement. If you want to stay informed, join our Facebook page.”

The story so far:

Pablo creates an algorithm to “index web pages like Google’s”. But stresses he’s not making any money out of it. ‘Distributing torrents isn’t my main purpose, he says. I’ll keep improving the engine and serve other kind of data like pictures, videos, links or whatever — maybe an archive service — but I haven’t got that far yet.”

Then along comes BREIN with with, “In the interest of and on behalf of the rights holders represented by BREIN we request that you cease and desist the abovementioned unlawful activities within the next 24 hours.”

On Facebook, “Since distributing torrents in the Netherlands is considered as Illegal, I had to close the torrent distribution,” Pablo writes, addding:

“I’ll take a server somewhere else, remove some illegal torrents and keep everything running up.”

Shades of MiniNova, suggests Andrew aka Comeonecomcast. ;)

Source : P2PNet

5 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back