Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh look, somebody just joined WJ to promote his host and with a whopping 67 posts knows it all.(y).

BTW What have you done for the community except for promoting your host?

Did you see your name there? Now blow your nose.

As always facts have been proven how childish some people can be.

I can be here for years or i can be here 2 days. It takes a close eye and just 1 hour of browsing to notice how things are run and what should be fixed.

Other then promoting the web host i work for i have been helpful with technical issues if its any importance to you. It seems i have much more of a brain then most users here in the topic of web servers and security.

Now give me 3 reasons why i have no reason to speak on this situation just because i just joined?

As i feel this is what you tried to say in the way you pointed out i just joined.
You clearly do not have respect for new users. Funny part is you are a staff member.

Some of your quotes:

As always facts have been proven how childish some people can be.

It takes a close eye and just 1 hour of browsing to notice how things are run and what should be fixed.

It seems i have much more of a brain then most users here in the topic of web servers and security.

I am missing a few:

I am God's gift to WJ

I am the all seeing eye

Don't blame me for being judgmental. These are the facts and nothing else.

I don't mind the way Wj is now.
I like the honest opinions of people.

If we were only allowed to post constructive posts, this wouldn't be a community but a helpdesk.
Check my early posts, you'll find that I was quite the noob. I am what I am today because of the community that pushed me to 'search before question'.

Their is no point in having a real talk with such a ignorant person. Im am the new guy and of course all mods will fend for their own. I doubt ALL will as i see some are very considerable, but you are not sniffdog and i will stay out of this as i feel i will be banned because of your unwritten rules of making a desicion when a person should be banned.

Their is no point in having a real talk with such a ignorant person. Im am the new guy and of course all mods will fend for their own. I doubt ALL will as i see some are very considerable, but you are not sniffdog and i will stay out of this as i feel i will be banned because of your unwritten rules of making a desicion when a person should be banned.

Didn't read.
Fix your grammar/spelling and come back.

What bothers me more is that such ( ^ ) people are allowed to promote their services here. They can't even write properly!

FYI James, I do not ban people who do not agree with me or are judgmental about my role as moderator.

However, if they go over the line by getting annoying, then I might ask another moderator to infract or ban.

You were banned for a good reason .. namely Mindless Posting and claiming that 'Hitler was not a bad guy'. Members and mods alike liked my posts, so the ban was correct and nobody, of course except yourself, thought it was without reason.

It's so funny, that every time people get hurt in the butt, they blame it on 'mod abuse power'. Grow up and stop to associate yourself with a Japanese Anime character. You are indeed nothing more than a cartoon character.

And you're right, this was the last reference to your ban or myself. If you want to stand up to me, please do it privately.

Infracted for mod scolding.

Sir,
What you did is right according to you but not us.
Banning someone for speaking against Hitler or in favor of him isn't a valid reason for a Forum Ban. A warning or infraction would have been more than enough.
You have no rights to judge if Hitler was a good or bad guy, we all have our own views and we do have freedom of speech.

You need to understand that there is generation gap between you and most of us Wj members so off-course your way of thinking and ours wouldn't match

If banning someone for commenting on a person who is already dead is right then you should be probably shot dead for calling Blaze a "Cartoon Character" and insulting him. [trollface] (J/k)

I am pretty sure you wont agree with me but then you see the "Generation Gap" ;) I tell you mate better step down and enjoy with your family

Cheers and take care

Last edited:
wtf are you trying to do here sniffdog its a fuckin forum on the internet
ONLINE/INTERNET
the way you're presenting yourself against a new member isnt really professional at all as a mod you should know better you mostly make decision based on your emotion which is purely stupid have some respect for others
and like glenn said stop forcing yourself to do this you're taking these stuffs really seriously/personally and knowing that you're old it can effect you deeply so with all respect either calm the hell down which you probably can't or just step down
thanks

I just saw 0ccul7's post here:
Code:
http://www.wjunction.com/122-contests-giveaways/135373-%5Bcontest%5D-worldwidexs-giving-away-windows-vps-2-months.html
I'm not interested in the VPS that 0ccul7 is offering, because I already have one. But I do want to share my thoughts on how I think we can make WJunction a better place.
-----------------------------------------------------

I've personally noticed that their is way too much sarcasm, and trolling. The troll meme's or whatever they are called don't help, because it just encourages the trolling. Although it sometimes can come across as being funny... It can also make the other person feel unappreciated.

Whenever someone answers a question, you can pretty much bet on the next person that replies will say something that is totally uncalled for, or basically just call the person a complete idiot.

I've been on other forums, (Webmaster forums), I wont mention the names of them.
They all tend to have a VERY friendly community. You don't see any of these ":facepalm:" or these "[trollface]", whenever a question is asked... no matter how silly it might be, a lengthy answer is always provided along with other members sharing their own input. Although this does happen here, sometimes, and it's nice to see and read!

So, I guess all I'm saying is, there is way to much bitching / trolling / and sarcasm at WJunction... and as a community, it's not good. I certainly don't feel happy here anymore, lets put it that way.
Come to think of it, I don't really reply to posts as much as I used to, just because I can't be bothered with the :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: and the [trollface][trollface][trollface][trollface] that will come after my post - even if I am correct with what I am saying!

This is something that I feel really needs to be taken a look at, but will it?? Probably not.

How could this be resolved "effectively?"
Perhaps start handing out bans? 7 day ban? 14 day ban?
If the culprits continue to bitch and troll and disrespect other members, start handing out longer bans, 3 weeks - 4 weeks or more, I think it would soon stop. If they decide to LEAVE, then so be it... The forum would be a better place without them.

You'll probably have your own opinions about this and feel that banning members shouldn't be the way to go. That's fine, I believe in free speech. Just not hate speech, it's just not needed. If I want to see hate speech and trolling I'll go to 4chan lol.

Yes, I know that I'm on the internet, and all this is to be expected. But I don't expect to experience that here. We're suppose to be a friendly community.

I'm sure that I'm not the only member here to have the same type of thoughts.

So yeah, that's pretty much it really. Just thought I'd share my thoughts. :)

You are a brave man Ashleyuk1984, and I admire your courage for posting this thread. On many sites, "Heavy Handed" Mods would have removed this thread and banned you.

Please allow me to explain something, no staff on any site that I know of, are paid. They moderate to help out in their spare time. It is a tough thankless job and when my staff help members (in many ways), about 99.9% of members bother to click their thanks posts or post a thanks. They feel very frustrated and let down by that.

But I do agree with you on some of your points in your post. Especially the sarcasm, trolling and insults. Also many members on this site attack, make fun of and swear at other members when they ask for help on here. They seem to take pleasure on doing that and the same ones never actually post anything helpful or positive. Many seem to use the net to take out on others, the bad things that are happening in their lives. They are twisted and bitter.

I know that I had to toughen up a lot when I started Modding years ago, because of the dreadful nasty comments I received sometimes......for nothing.

Since I started my own sites I had to toughen up even more, but I still always believe that site owners and their admins, where possible and their personal life/workload allows, should be active and at least one to make a presence every day. This is very much appreciated by members.

My site is covered by staff 24/7. I have great staff from around the world so that makes that coverage possible. I also paid for anti spam software to make their job easier.

They and I never tolerate the sort of behaviour you talk of. All members are protected and anyone that tries to insult, make fun of or degrade them, are out of the door permanently and their emails and IPs are "aggressively" blocked by me.

Swearing is NOT allowed, because once members realise that, most respect it and follow that and the other site rules, to ensure we have a happy pleasant atmosphere on my site. In fact some of WJ members have even posted comments like that on this site about my site. IMO when swearing is permitted, that sets the precedent for the site, and thus encourages other untoward behaviour
To ensure there is no swearing I bought anti swearing software and if any swear words are posted accidently, they are auto removed and replaced by xxxxxx.

This encourages members to post more, as they know they will not be abused, made fun of, or attacked and I think all sites should be run that way, if it were at all possible, then the net would be a much more pleasurable place. Unfortunately good staff are very hard to find and many sites dont have enough.

I do agree with many members' posts on here, asking why was "Joe Bloggs" banned? and it looks as if some are without good reason, I include myself in that. I was banned for a few days, and I still dont know why. But on some that I see that were banned, if you look at their previous posts sometimes you can figure out why, others not.....

Another important thing is that staff on any site should have a staff area and staff only chat, so they can discuss what actions, or any, they may want to take, with other staff, so all are informed about what goes on and troublesome members. I also have a Warnings/Bans sub section in the staff area, so staff can warn other of their actions on certain members.

That does not happen on one site I used to post on, I received instructions by pm from one staff member on something I was not doing correctly, according to her/him. I didnt think their instructions were correct, but followed them as I try to respect staff on all sites.
However when I started to post in the way asked, I was pmed by another member of staff on the same site, asking me to post another way...... the way I had originally posted......go figure. I gave up and just stopped posting on there.

I also agree on what some other members of WJ have posted on this thread, that it is not the same as it used to be when this site first started, and they had stopped coming on here and posting like they used to because of the changes. I used to belong to this site years ago, but when I started my first site, I wanted to come back and check how it was doing, but I forgot my password and unfortunately no longer had the email addy I first registered on here with, so couldnt receive a new password by clicking on that option, and I had to start again.
So I did notice the changes those members talked about. But changes are inevitable, as sites grow as this one has and the voluntary staff cannot be blamed for all the things that go wrong. Its just impossible to watch and check everything, especially on a site as large as WJ.

As I said before, Modding is a tough thankless job and staff do not get paid. However only the Elite Mods on my site can Ban and they usually have a very good reason to ban. On this site it seems to be done for wrong or very little things. Infractions should be used more often, instead of so many Bans. That damages this sites' reputation.

Thanks for the thread, its very interesting and a good talking point.
Apologises for my long post,,,,, gee I should write a book!!!! :sun:

Just to add post 2 in that link you provided is not nice.....and action should be taken. He may have wanted it to look like a joke, but I certainly didnt appreciate it.

"You can start by removing OverJaculation from the mod team.
JK."

OverJaculation is a good patient helpful Mod with a good sense of humour and I dont think he should be disrespected in that way. JMO

Last edited:
If someone says that Hitler shouldn't have killed the Jews but used them as firepower or that Hitler was a good (not bad) guy, that's an insult to Jewish members and the whole race.

based on this logic of urs i think it is implied that u shud start asking ppl what they think abt what bush did and what israels doing and ban the ones that dont agree with u. from blazes reply it is clear that he gave u his reason for his statement. so even an infraction for that wud be excessive let alone a ban.

wtf are you trying to do here sniffdog its a fuckin forum on the internet
ONLINE/INTERNET
the way you're presenting yourself against a new member isnt really professional at all as a mod you should know better you mostly make decision based on your emotion which is purely stupid have some respect for others
and like glenn said stop forcing yourself to do this you're taking these stuffs really seriously/personally and knowing that you're old it can effect you deeply so with all respect either calm the hell down which you probably can't or just step down
thanks

Whoa whoa whoa,,,,, some friendly comments to you, first of all follow your own advice;

"calm the hell down" ,,,,secondly
"have some respect for others"

You most certainly should, and respect everyone's opinion, especially a Moderator. If you had spoken to a member of my staff like that dear, you would be gone!!!!

Post constructively and pleasantly and remember that sniffdog gives up his free time to help people like you,,,,, whether he Mods incorrectly or not,,,,,, so your message posted in that manner, will not be respected or appreciated by some.

I may or may not agree with your points, but now I wont respond to them because of the way you posted them. Sad that you are the first member to post something in this thread, and neither is it not only unconstructive, but abusive, and you are the first to swear in this thread :facepalm:

Be nice and you will get more support

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:15 PM ----------

Lets all calm down guys and not make this a thread about attacking sniffdog for his posts about others and vice versa. In fact some of you seem to have started attacking each other.

Can we please respect the op, Ashleyuk1984 and the topic of his thread.

Im concerned if this continues we may lose the thread or it may be closed, and that would be a shame because it is a good discussion. ;)

---------- Post added at 05:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:58 PM ----------

Thought Id bring a bit of humour into this thread to lighten things up a bit.

So Ive C & P this post from Overjaculation in another thread;

fG8jAq.png

:facepalm: :))

Last edited:
Hitler did started some thing good and I will agree with what BlaZe said.

People who don't know certain things cry over it.

If you don't believe, go and ask the 10 year old kids who get shot down for being Muslim and are called terrorists, by the Jews

It is simple as fuck.

You don't like it how it is?
You don't enjoy here?
You disagree with mods decisions?
You don't like no democracy here?
You don't like smileys being used?
You have problems with free speech as it is here?
You don't like being banned for mindless posting?

Get the fuck off this forum, find yourself a place where YOU feel comfortable.
I feel comfortable here. And I don't mind anything, except annoying spoiled fucks complaining about everything, and anything they can find. (yeah, I do same shit, still I don't REALLY mind it)

Go advertise your shitty business somewhere else.
No constructive talking?
No this and that?
Change a fucking forum, leave if you don't like it.
This forum is, what it is, with staff that it have.

Or even better, go build your own webmaster hangout, and make your own rules.

It's mindless opening topic with title:

Too much sarcasm / bitching / trolling ??

and then make a topic that does exactly all 3 of that

I read the whole thread. I feel that we're shooting each others' feet (members and members). I feel that, the way to fix this back is from the top (admins). Trust me, seeing an admin's post often through out the forum makes a difference. Then the green guys. Of course, posts that are the not trolls, swear etc. If a member sees them post such things, they'll have less respect and follow because they know the staff do it, and think why can't they too.

When there's such action done to a member's thread, such as locking, deleting. Then please spend a quick 15 seconds to notify the op by PM or leave a comment at the end of the thread before locking. This will prevent that member from creating a thread about it and PM the staff etc. These are the little things you guys can start to work your way back. Without these being done, and with staff using extreme words, members' behavviours are affected and puts down the site.

It's not that I'm a very polite person, I do use swear words from time to time. And I don't like it because it's the type of thing that minu-es my good reputation in people's eyes. I don't think I need an example to prove that it's true.

So, starting from Admins, Super Mods, Moderators. Do your 'real' jobs. Punish those who don't follow, use warning system. Not direct bans for first mistakes. Show positive examples , not negative ones. This is a good advice, if you're interested in bringing your site back to a positive reputation. If not, scratch all that I've said.

Oh don't tell me that "We offer our spare time to moderate the site" thing. It's very annoying. If you can't handle your job, since it's free to enter, it's free to get out as well.

This threads title says what it is about, yet so many of you are using it to do exactly what the title says in here.

And I dont know what the heck, Hitler, Politics and Bush has to do with it.

Start your own threads if you want to discuss those things, dont hijack another members thread about something else.

Whoa whoa whoa,,,,, some friendly comments to you, first of all follow your own advice;

"calm the hell down" ,,,,secondly
"have some respect for others"

You most certainly should, and respect everyone's opinion, especially a Moderator. If you had spoken to a member of my staff like that dear, you would be gone!!!!

Post constructively and pleasantly and remember that sniffdog gives up his free time to help people like you, so your message is not appreciated,,,,posted in that manner

I may or may not agree with your points, but now I wont respond to them because of the way you posted them. Sad that you are the first member to post something in this thread, and neither is it not only unconstructive, but abusive, and you are the first to swear in this thread :facepalm:

the hell you on about ? first of all its not "YOUR" forum and i wouldn't even want to join a forum and if you ask me you're inderctly promoting your forum here by telling its an active forum and has mods and stuffs which is ofcourse not allowed at all
as a member who have experience and been here for like 3 years i know what i'm on about you don't really have any right to get into random shit you 0 knowledge about what so ever i'll suggest that you should step back up a lil you just broke your own rule by indirectly telling mods that i should be banned for a reply like that which isnt abusive at all if you ask me thats really rude of you
you're nothing but a hypocrite :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back