Status
Not open for further replies.
I wrote a big (synthesis text) essay but Safari crashed on my iPad, so here are some cliffs:

• I'm not a big fan of the overused memes put in as smileys either.
  • There aren't that many trolls here on WJ, most of the times it's just a person posting a meme and you thinking he's trolling (posting memes =/= trolling).
  • Banning is usually the last case scenario, if a certain member continues repeating his or her 'sins', they can expect severe punishment.
  • Mods are members too, if you see them breaking the rules, report them to Super Mods. If you see a Super Mod breaking the rules, report them to an Admin.

After reading your post, it motivates me to be a bit more harsh when I come across 'stupid replies' and such, but the thing is that if I infract/ban someone for a 'stupid reply', they'll try to justify it by saying 'so and so is doing it, why can't I!?!'.

You were banned for a good reason .. namely Mindless Posting and claiming that 'Hitler was not a bad guy'. Members and mods alike liked my posts, so the ban was correct and nobody, of course except yourself, thought it was without reason.

im not taking Blazes side on his opinion coz i think hes wrong abt it too but something abt ur post is very alarming. if he was banned for having that opinion then i think ur wrong. ive seen lots of members at wj have lots of diverse opinions. even if they dont truly believe it they still write it in their posts for fun but thats not my point. my point is that people are entitled to their own opinions. if u banned him coz of his opinion or for what he said then how are you better than Hitler? i know blaze long enough to know that hes not immature...if he said what he did chances are he has his logic behind it or he mightve just been joking....either way theres nothing wrong abt it.

On to the main topic...i agree with the OP of this thread. wj is not what it used to be. mainly coz of the administration. like the sayin goes "too many cooks spoil the broth"...but the Admins are entitled to their decisions so cant do anything there except bring stuff like this to their attention. i dont think things will improve much around here...coz most of the people i admired when i joined arent around anymore....and the ones that tried to fill in their shoes are mediocre at best...that is the main reason why Im not so active here anymore...i think this is the case for most of the older members...

P.S. i know this threads gonna be locked without any thing being done so wanted to give my 2 cents out :)

@Phamous-

Brother, please carry on the good mod work. If you ban some one for a good reason, I hope no one will be hurt against you or any mod.

@sniffdog-

From what I see it, BlaZe has not said anything wrong, from my point of view and that is called freedom of speech. He may have his opinion and you are no one to say that he is wrong or right. I did not sign up seeing this rule, that you cannot have an opinion of yourself in this board, and if you do, you will be banned.

@Topic-

From what I see is, some kids who have found a platform to be uber cool come up and start acting like "trolls". But that is not how a forum should operate. We should not allow the image of WJunction be hurt because of such people. It does not mean kill the fun, but you just have to maintain the line.

I saw some guy say "Your mom" to something a member was asking, now if this was a hacking forum, that sucker would have known what he had done, but here at WJ, abusing the whole family won't even make a big difference. I hope this will stop, as I personally do not like such remarks.

Mods abusing power, don't you guys think that the organised way of staff has been a bit hampered or at least not the way it was before? They are also humans, and not some coded bot to only moderate this whole forum, but you guys should stop breaking the rules too, as I myself have noticed mods ignoring spam in the forum when they are online and chatting in the CB and also breaking the so called ALL CAPS rule for the CB. Is this how you guys think you will get respect? By banning them when they do something about it?

EARN RESPECT, DON'T ASK FOR IT

The only reason I posted that suggestions contest is, I want to see WJ get better, but from the activity of that thread, all I can say is, when it comes to do something good, the members of WJ just dont like it. Spoon feeding is what is most favoured here, and open a thread, ask to choose a number and announce the winner. Really?

About uploaders, from what I saw, WJ should not allow any "warez talk" or "earning money from it" but, when I see the filehosts being promoted (By that i mean advertised) here or at least given the chance to promote here that how much they pay and all that, WJ is breaking it's own rules. Why should a so called bunch of kids calling themselves a company be allowed to do illegal things here in this board openly when it is not allowed?

Look at the indications people, old members who have seen WJ come alive are not coming here any more and if you ask them about WJ, they just say "no comments"

I hope we can learn something from it and actually DO SOMETHING!

P.S. I did not mean any hate against any one, so please don't be hurt for my words.

Last edited:
Ban Shahrukh and all the uploaders and get this site back to a webmaster forum and not a place to talk about filehosts problem solved

When i first joined wj it was very friendly / professional if someone had a problem everyone would contribute and try to help that person out but as the site got more popular that began fading away and people became more hardened to newbies i don't really think their is much that you can do about that unfortunately that's just what happens when a site grows and a lot of different type of people join

The addition of all the uploaders joining spamming this place with crappy topics about filehosts was when wj really started going down hill people who dont give a shit about websites began joining and it was full of idiot newbs here to earn a quick buck any topic not about filehosts they would just reply with pointless posts

Would be nice if a network of sites started so we could remove all the filehost/earning/crying/bitching bullshit we see every single day.

Also, i don't like to get involved in topics anymore, because it's not really interesting or it either been done before.

this is such an interesting topic
i guess no 1 read my last post so let me say it again
if u have a serious croud and atmosphere on wj then wj wont be different than other forums the trolling and making fun of eachother makes wj a friendly and fun loving community where all the members when returning home from their jobs,colleges or schools get relief from all the fuss and come to enjoy
off topic geezus ur avatar scares the crap out of me

my point is that people are entitled to their own opinions. if u banned him coz of his opinion or for what he said then how are you better than Hitler? i know blaze long enough to know that hes not immature...if he said what he did chances are he has his logic behind it or he mightve just been joking....either way theres nothing wrong abt it.

I did explain sniffdog via PM that why I said "Hitler was not a bad guy". (I wonder if he gets aroused to ban me again for this =))

I'll just explain it here as to why I said that.

I saw a documentary on Discovery Channel (2-3 years ago) about Hitler. They showed that although Hitler did bad things to Jews and others, but at some point he was good. He tried to create competition between the companies/factories in Germany (and the result you see Audi, Mercedez, etc.) He started racing so that these automobiles companies would work/improve inorder to be the best and indirectly help the nation as whole. They also showed what "good" things hitler did.

As a result, today we can see Germany to be #1 in Engineering & Automobiles sector :D
=============

@sniffdog, Accept this like a man. Don't let your ego come in between the right and wrong. Also, don't try to delete this post/reply, please ! Let everyone know what happened :/

Last edited:
That's fine, I believe in free speech.

No, you don't believe in free speech. You would discriminate anything that doesn't match your version of free speech. You are against, or should I say, opposing, of using things like smileys, you are against how others are expressing their thoughts, you are against seeing different ways of making statements that doesn't follow your template.
Hows that a free speech?
Free speech is to oppose something, but not to forbid how someone will express himself. You don't create template for free speech, it's FREE, if you can get it...

Maybe you would like to 'define' what is the boundary of free speech, but there's no logic. When you try to put a limit on something, it's not free anymore.

The most efficient way of stamping down on unwanted behaviour is by example. That example has to come from somebody in a a position of power and authority. The moderators, whilst still human and memers just like everybody else, try their best. If that is not working, the administrators, yes, all of you, not just loget, should step in, stop the crap, and spend the next few days ensuring their authority is not being undermined. The hierarchy of staff and members will all soon follow suit if the said administrator uses constructive and positive wording, and thus the balance of life will be restored.

My only complaint about wJunction is that the red team very very rarely post, talk or even show visibility (apart from loget).

Picture the scene: You got school kids, teachers, and a headmaster. If the teacher is struggling, the headmaster comes along, deals with the situation, makes an example of the situation and makes sure it does not happen again. Its nothing new.

Just my opinion..

coz most of the people i admired when i joined arent around anymore....and the ones that tried to fill in their shoes are mediocre at best...that is the main reason why Im not so active here anymore...i think this is the case for most of the older members...

couldn't agree more, I know its why I am not so active anymore either

The most efficient way of stamping down on unwanted behaviour is by example. That example has to come from somebody in a a position of power and authority. The moderators, whilst still human and memers just like everybody else, try their best. If that is not working, the administrators, yes, all of you, not just loget, should step in, stop the crap, and spend the next few days ensuring their authority is not being undermined. The hierarchy of staff and members will all soon follow suit if the said administrator uses constructive and positive wording, and thus the balance of life will be restored.

My only complaint about wJunction is that the red team very very rarely post, talk or even show visibility (apart from loget).

Picture the scene: You got school kids, teachers, and a headmaster. If the teacher is struggling, the headmaster comes along, deals with the situation, makes an example of the situation and makes sure it does not happen again. Its nothing new.

Just my opinion..

Who brought the cool kid :S

Regards,
Shakespeare Whiskers

To be honest none of this will happen. None of your ideas will solve anything.

Lets just say it in true honesty all these posts are just paragraphs of no meaning.

A site which has been up 3+ years "starting" with memes & ignorant/abusive/uncontrolled users will never and can never be changed. Extra moderating more rules will not work in this situation.

To really have anything at all done you would need to prune all post since before 2012. Start pruning inactive members. NOT BAN, but "delete/remove" spam/abusive/ignorant users. Re-create the rules of how the forum should really be done and during this time have the forum closed to finish it all off. Then re-open and start fresh.

From then on you ban any user who does not follow the rules or persists activities which are not allowed.

If you pick up a old car it will not be any different, the only way to change it and make it new is to refurbish/recreate it with brand new material. Just like a car this forum is the same and its the only way to really get things done.

Also checkout how digitalpoint runs their market they do not allow "unlimited" offers which is reasonable as anyone knows no one starting a host can offer unlimited unless they have money in the bank.

Take in ideas and put them into good use and quit creating useless threads like these its not getting us anywhere.

-------------------
Also a note to sniffdog:

Your reasoning for the ban was uncalled for and was not needed. Based on your thoughts why he deserved the ban why don't we just create a thread and have all skin heads post they are a skin head so you can ban each and every single one of them. Remember skin heads think the same about hitler.

Or why not ban users who believe the USA is doing right with how these websites are being taking down. Face it this is a remake of hitlers decision, but through websites.

If you want to be a respected mod take into consideration the "real" rules and do not let personal feelings get in the middle. That is childish. You would not go to work and fire someone for worshiping buddah or Allah. This is why they tell managers personal issues have to be kept away from your work.

There is 'freedom of speech' (whatever context it's being used in) in democracies.

WJ is not a democracy. If you think somebody is an a*hole, that's your personal opinion. But it wouldn't be allowed on WJ and you would be infracted or banned for it.

Although there are written rules, there are sets of unwritten rules where moderators have their own system of weighing their decisions.

If I would say that all Indians are smelly uneducated bastards, then it would be an insult to all Indian members.

If someone says that Hitler shouldn't have killed the Jews but used them as firepower or that Hitler was a good (not bad) guy, that's an insult to Jewish members and the whole race.

To set an example that these opinions (or 'free speech') are not allowed, I banned both of the members making racy remarks.

I do realize that WJ is mostly populated by kids who have no knowledge or are not educated about history more than 10 years ago.

Or why not ban users who believe the USA is doing right with how these websites are being taking down.
Do you want to compare the Holocaust with taking down sites? You must be joking.

And a moderator should have personal feelings or being biased, only that allows him to make the right decision. Furthermore, a moderator should never make a decision with being afraid there would be other people who oppose his decision.

Last edited:
2403201223.png

:facepalm:

Do you want to compare the Holocaust with taking down sites? You must be joking.

And a moderator should have personal feelings or being biased, only that allows him to make the right decision. Furthermore, a moderator should never make a decision with being afraid there would be other people who oppose his decision.

If you are referring to me as being a kid yes i am in a way a kid since i am not over the age of 30.

I do however know about history and very much of it. Reason i chose to use USA to compare to the holocaust is because some users may find what hitler did was right and some may not. Let it be a insult or not that is not a reason to auto-ban someone. A warning to not express such things publicly is different and the fact it is a warning shows the community their are just something which cannot be done due to the religion of all the users here.

Also you mention unwritten rules? So does that mean if a moderator dislikes a user he is allowed to "weigh" on his own idea of why the user should be banned?

You ultimately contradict yourself and how the rules set in place are incorrect or not used at all.

Just by you believing the way you think is correct shows you are unfit to moderate a website with different groups of people of which each have different ideas or opinions.

The thread will be closed mostly.. :(

Also we cannot blame single user.. If we stop feeding the troll, he/she will automatically stop. Few users are really helpful like RT, xTreme, Allan, Kruno etc! Few are really pain in the ass.

/thread.
Hate to see a user crying "THAT HOST DID NOT PAY" "THAT HOST IS NOT PAYING ANYMORE".. They should be happy that they got paid before for uploading warez.
this will never stop. ever. and this isn't trolling.

Just by you believing the way you think is correct shows you are unfit to moderate a website with different groups of people of which each have different ideas or opinions.
Oh look, somebody just joined WJ to promote his host and with a whopping 67 posts knows it all.(y).

BTW What have you done for the community except for promoting your host?

I do realize that WJ is mostly populated by kids who have no knowledge or are not educated about history more than 10 years ago.

If you are referring to me as being a kid yes i am in a way a kid since i am not over the age of 30.

Did you see your name there? Now blow your nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back