To watermark or not to watermark..

Watermarked Files?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
14 comments
I dont like when people do that and I find it childish and gives me the impression that the ripper has some ego issues.

There was a portuguese team that ripped some national tv shows and they decided to add a watermark image to the first minute of every video and well... I find that stupid.
The alleged reason was that they didnt want other people to share their content :facepalm: Isnt this the whole P2P philosophy?

I fucking hate greedy gold diggers.

That's how you get profit and traffic.

There is nothing wrong with using such "smart" techniques. I'm not saying I do or have done it, but facts are facts.

It's my opinion

Yes, I understand, and it's just my opinion, but it's hypocritical to watermark tvshows to protect your work, when you use to grab scene releases, add some shitty VD filters and create a 'new' release.
So it's okay for you to steal someone else's work, but it's a crime when someone shares your files.

lol not really, you, but... you got the idea.

what about ultrascorp and other stupid 300mb rippers who watermark their releases? he is talking as if he produced the movies. lol

what about ultrascorp and other stupid 300mb rippers who watermark their releases? he is talking as if he produced the movies. lol

Yeah, thats the point. If you watermark, you get popular easily. However as Hillside said, Leechers like Clean Uploads so 1st decide what's best for you

Thank you all for the replies, it enlightened me quite a bit. :D

So all in all, watermark to get results, but only watermark your own encodes, rips, and copies of stuff, as Rocke said.

And I'm not talking about a huge watermark taking the whole bottom right of the share, just a small one. Thank you again everyone. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back