Was this helpful ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plutost

Tips to Trick a Keylogger

Using the following steps, you can protect yourself by being keylogged. It comes very handy, when you have to deal with sensitive passwords, which should not goto wrong hands. The step by step procedure can help you to trick a keylogger.

1. When you need to type a password on a compromised computer, type some portion and use mouse to click on another portion to complete keying in.
  2. Avoid entering the full password. Copy and paste from other websites some of the letters or numbers you need.
  3. Last but not least, change your password immediately at a secured PC after you use it outside your own computer.

Well.. hopefully these few tricks can fool the poor-programmed keylogger. Always have an updated Antivirus or Antispyware to just be safe from Keyloggers.

Credit goes to TutsBy.Me

You are free to publish this tutorial elsewhere, unless you keep the 'Credits' as it is. I really HATE Rippers who do not respect other's work.

21 comments
Interesting, but the problem here is. If you are unfortunate enough to be Keylogged, the chances are you won't be using these steps. Considering you most likely won't know.

If you are keylogged and you know it, always clean up the nuisance before attempting to enter your private credentials anywhere.

I just don't see this as being very practical Plutost, thanks for sharing though.

Interesting, but the problem here is. If you are unfortunate enough to be Keylogged, the chances are you won't be using these steps. Considering you most likely won't know.

If you are keylogged and you know it, always clean up the nuisance before attempting to enter your private credentials anywhere.

I just don't see this as being very practical Plutost, thanks for sharing though.

Well, this is practically good if your Internet Connection is down, and you goto a CyberCafe (Public Computers) to login to your Bank Account, etc.

In CyberCafe's mostly, many PCs are Keylogged. I always use different Key-Combinations for Un-Hiding various Keyloggers. Example, press Ctrl + H, it will un-hide JKlogger if its there. So, the above tutorial is very helpful at such situations.

Thanks for your compliments :p

fact.

don't trick a keylogger, GET IT OFF YOUR FUCKING COMPUTER!

creditz: Chri5

Ha ? You are Soo... Intelligent, but you just forgot something you dumbass !

I'm not talking about YOUR FUCKING COMPUTER, I'm talking about Keyloggers on Public Computers ! Some Keyloggers are password protected, for uninstalling them, you need a special password. They how the FUCK can you GET IT OFF ??

Please reply only if you know anything about Keyloggers. This tutorial was meant to help people, not to have a controversy with me. Next time, before replying, PLEASE READ THE WHOLE FUCKING TUTORIAL. I have clearly made the word 'compromised' word in Italic Style, so that it should be noticed.

Sorry for the harsh words, but really, you should read clearly before posting.

Credits & Regards,
Plutost

Edit :
I have even made the word 'compromised' Bold

Good suggestions Plutost.

These are actually pretty useful, thanks. ;)

Though, I usually use my iPhone. If I need to get online when I'm out, I just go to McDonald's. :P

My bad Pluthost, the last time i read a "trick keylogger" tutorial it was not as well written as yours and I jumped to conclusions.

Sorry.

Good suggestions Plutost.

These are actually pretty useful, thanks. ;)

Though, I usually use my iPhone. If I need to get online when I'm out, I just go to McDonald's. :P

Thanks for the compliments :p

My bad Pluthost, the last time i read a "trick keylogger" tutorial it was not as well written as yours and I jumped to conclusions.

Sorry.

Ohh lol
I'm sorry too :p

For one, why would you use a public computer to access such an inmportant site such as a back account?

Two, just use a master password, stops all of this.

Then the hacker cant do anything because he would need your keychain (all the passwords stored in the master password) and bascily if he has the key chain then you have a bigger problem on your hands. So even if a hacker gets it, theres nothing he can really do without the key chain.

Also when using a master password fills these in the browser, no typing takes place and thus a keylogger could not log these. For a keylogger that is sending things to a remote location, this is a huge protection because if you were typing your username and passwords then the remote attacker would be able to log into your sites without any other files, etc.

For one, why would you use a public computer to access such an inmportant site such as a back account?

Two, just use a master password, stops all of this.

Alright Mr. Smartypants, we all know you are the most intelligent animal here. Just think of a situation, when you want to have some Transaction with your Bank, and suddenly the Internet is down, and the Transaction should be completed in 30 minutes, then what will you do ? Most probably, you'll run somewhere, on some PC where the Net is working, so in that case, it could be a Public Computer ? Right ?
Now did you got it ?

TIP: Remove the keylogger :)

Man, I seriously pray to God to give more intelligence to the human beings. Can't you read the First Post ? And this

Well as far i know thats not how keylogging works. It steals the password that are saved onto your computer. If they arent saved and your typing your password everytime it doesnt catches the password. It then appears something like
logger.jpg

It will appear as null or something else depending what its coded.

No killer, in a nutshell a Keylogger itself all it does is collect all keystrokes made by a user, now there are more advanced tools that can easily show in plain texts saved usernames and passwords but these are not a keylogger this would be a bigger program usually consisting of a few different tools one of which being a key logger.

Just think of a situation, when you want to have some Transaction with your Bank, and suddenly the Internet is down, and the Transaction should be completed in 30 minutes, then what will you do ? Most probably, you'll run somewhere, on some PC where the Net is working, so in that case, it could be a Public Computer ? Right ?
Now did you got it ?

Then you go into your bank and do it. LOL. Who ever uses public computers to do such things deserve to be keylogged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back