Status
Not open for further replies.

Soom

Dear fellow member,

I just wanted for my first post share some thought about the way to make the file hosting business survive :

Uploaders :

Stop being dumb and lazy, and start to adapt to the guys who want to put your business down

- Don't put direct links to file host with illegal contents, you make dmca request only easier:
Solution : use link protection like protectup.com or any other

- Don't put the name of the file host service.
Solution: use their image logo instead (and in the code don't name the image with the file host name of course)

-Rename your files with hard to guess names
Solution: you can save your file with any crypted name, you don't need to put the exact name, your user already know what he/she's downloading.

I hope this can help

[Edit]

http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/17/512

(a) Transitory Digital Network Communications.— A service provider shall not be liable for monetary relief, or, except as provided in subsection (j), for injunctive or other equitable relief, for infringement of copyright by reason of the provider’s transmitting, routing, or providing connections for, material through a system or network controlled or operated by or for the service provider, or by reason of the intermediate and transient storage of that material in the course of such transmitting, routing, or providing connections, if—
(1) the transmission of the material was initiated by or at the direction of a person other than the service provider;
(2) the transmission, routing, provision of connections, or storage is carried out through an automatic technical process without selection of the material by the service provider;

Last edited:
34 comments
Dmca Content = Sales
No dmca content = no sales , no filehosting , no money , scam etc

Everything is simple

Good tips + for uploaders

Dmca Content = Sales
No dmca content = no sales , no filehosting , no money , scam etc

Everything is simple

Good tips + for uploaders

Sure !!! no dmca = no business
My point was : How can we all be dumb enough to let ourselves get bust so easily.
If we all accepted to work by those rules and maybe others we could make things harder for our enemies.

maybe forums don't but blogs should.
forum must also adapt.
If every file host start to delete their files they will adapt.

I don't know if crypting name don't stop dmca, but it make it harder

guys I m sorry I didn't made my point clearly ... my bad

The problem is not DMCA : The problem is file host doing business with payment gateway in order for uploaders to get paid.

In order for uploaders to get paid, file host must stay in business with payment gateway.
To stay in business with payment gateway, file host will sooner or later have to stop acting like rogue business and enforce rules : like controlling the files they host.
To do so they will have to take certain measure like I explained in the first post.
So even if they have DMCA requests, their payment gateway will not limit or stop their contract. Because they are showing good faith in their business practice.

So let's say I m a file hoster, if a DMCA request comes for a file with an obscure filename, at least I could say I did my best to enforce my policies.
But if my uploaders are acting blindly and posting direct links with well identified illegal filenames, to my host, they are clearly ruining my relationship with my payment gateway.

Of course, if your way of uploading is to post on forums with direct links to well identified pirated content, then your business model is doomed just like the rogue file host showing no good manners ...

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

Another point to make is that with such practice file hosts could easily get a Paypal and a Google Adsense account, which mean more sales and money for the industry.

I'm sorry to not see more reaction about this topic.

Last edited:
The problem is you do great with your posts until you put the file host together with pirate or piracy, then you attract unwanted attention and screw the file hosts and uploaders.

they do remove copyrighted content
but the process is slow since they receive thousands of dmca's on a daily basis
even after the advent of AK nothing much has changed
Paypal had their own policies towards filehosts so it made it easier for people like AK (Manwin's Pawn) to report sites to Paypal and get their accounts suspended
Manwin is getting nice sales from his tube sites
I heard he is also associated with the file locker business
the nature of filehost business is such that it can be abused by anyone but that does not mean they should shut down
AK just took the opportunity and started an AntiPiracy Company
he is earning a nice amount of money via donations from those fools who think that they will gain a lot once file lockers go out of business
but what those fools fail to understand is that tube sites offer content in much more easier manner
people prefer to watch online rather than downloading
you can find every kind of paysite video on tube sites

u r rite Machar why waste 1 hr to download and then watch most sales do come from western countries or countries where net speed r descent so they will prefer to watch stuufs online and save their time+ filehost premium cost and those prefer to download which are not well versed with internet and who to make google search or too lazy to search 2 minutes .

You right WDF ... sorry

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

They'd lose safe harbors rights if they were actively searching users content like this. Wide open for lawsuits

I'm just trying to open a discussion about this, because if the industry don't adapt it will disappear.
If you guys have better ideas, I m eager to share and learn :)

edit:
After some research, Jesse is indeed right.(as edited in the first post)
Paradoxically, any pro active action taken by the file host, will make him loose the safe harbor rights.

Best practices then, should be implemented by uploaders.

Last edited:
Man ... I still have hard time to breathe when I watch that free fall ... I can hardly jump off my bed :facepalm:

You right WDF ... sorry

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

I'm just trying to open a discussion about this, because if the industry don't adapt it will disappear.
If you guys have better ideas, I m eager to share and learn :)

edit:
After some research, Jesse is indeed right.(as edited in the first post)
Paradoxically, any pro active action taken by the file host, will make him loose the safe harbor rights.

Best practices then, should be implemented by uploaders.

I should hope I'm right about what I do for a living lol It'd look pretty damn bad otherwise haha

You r right Jesse.

But I beg your pardon to insist, we still need to implement better business practice if we want to stay in business in the long haul.

Running from a payment gateway to another, can't be the solution.

I still believe that file hosts, while not stating pro active policies in their ToS (to preserve safe harbor), should educate their uploaders .

What do you think ?

edit:

However, Jesse you don't seem to be concerned by this, because you don't sell premium account if I m right and live on cpm ?
Also your content may be less subject to copyright than others DMCA request.
You are in a good niche ... not everyone case

Last edited:
I have never named any of my sites here. Very few people know any sites I own myself. I do sell accounts.

imgah is not really my site. It kinda is, but not really.

Last edited:
Sorry man I just visited the link of your signature. :whistle:
It's great if you are selling account you may agree with me then ?

edit : :facepalm:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back