Status
Not open for further replies.

Sp32

Maybe have something where only:

Administrators Global Moderators Moderators Respected Members and Respected Coders can only create threads for selling & offering services. This way people would have a lot of confidence if they want to look to buy something with assurity of not getting scammed?

The only reason I mention something like this is because so many anonymous people post things for sale in the marketplace it can appear shady at times. Personally I'd feel safer buying something from someone trusted here at wj than someone who isn't trusted. Even if it meant paying a little bit more (I am very careful with my money and don't waste it - easily. So if I knew I was getting something for my money even if it meant paying more or maybe getting something for my money and paying less I'd choose the former.)

15 comments
Nah, WJunction isn't so professional so we really can't know for sure when will someone decide to scam. Best thing is to keep it same for everyone.

I kind of agree to a certain extent but there would definitely be less chance of a staff member or trusted member scamming than a not very well known member scamming.

If we're talking about some small amount of money, then yes. Probably there chances of getting scammed by a guy with a rank are smaller, but again. When we're talking about some bigger amounts of cash, no one is to be trusted. So that's the only reason why I'm against it, people need to know that money changes. And some people are professionals in building/maintaining of multiple Online Identities, so they wouldn't mind throwing away that identity completely.

Last edited:
We have seen trusted members and mods scamming in the past. I myself have been scammed a couple of times either directly or indirectly by former so called "trusted" members. One of the biggest known scammers in WJ was a former Gmod.

So, I wouldn't recommend creating an exclusive section for anyone to give the newbie buyers a false sense of security.

Kinda like the "Premium Sellers" section on hf.net. Yeah I get what you're saying..
Quite frankly, after hearing about Elio scamming people, I'd say no to this, because nobody on the net can be trusted.

Oh, I was completely unaware Elio scammed people, so yeah that's that idea out of the window then.

@Jason, yeah I thought about it not making a difference with large amounts of money because I agree, no matter who someone is they might end up turning face if they see a couple hundred $, it's sad really..

I dont like the idea of separating moderators and respected users from the rest of the forum like that tbh. There are some mods and respected users (I will not name them) who I guarrantee will take advantage of it.

There have already been loads of moderators which have taken advantage of their status to gain users trust and make money, again, I'll not name them. *cough* elio *cough* peanut *cough* esotorisk *cough* *cough*

I agree with Jason, the best thing to do here is keep it as it is.

^_^

I don't think it would had worked. It would had been a very dead section with lack of threads. Plus, as jjj said, respected members and mods have scammed others before.

That's true. It just gives another window opportunity for things to go wrong. I am not saying our staff members or respected members can't be trusted, but I am sure you know what I mean. Besides, especially our staff members, I doubt they want their own section for offering services etc.

Plus the section would be dead.

i think its a good suggestion and
admin should promote some normal trusted members to respected members !
like the one who provides Hosting at resonable price and he should be trustworthy !
and some mod or or admin should be part of its Management ,etc

that ll help people to buy some good services online ,:)

Can be applied for other stuff as well

Hmm! Don't think it as a gud idea.
But another one which i suggest in hosting section is:
Admins should create another group "Trusted Sellers" or whatever
As told by niks00789, only people who has got very good reviews should be added to this group.
Or do like abh does:
Take money from users first so that even if they scammed anyone then the scammer would get scammed too XD

If we're talking about some small amount of money, then yes. Probably there chances of getting scammed by a guy with a rank are smaller, but again. When we're talking about some bigger amounts of cash, no one is to be trusted. So that's the only reason why I'm against it, people need to know that money changes..
+1
Human nature cannot be judged..U can never say that a person who is very trusted will not scam u..Internet is a place where u can rarely trust any one.So let the things as it is.

Anyway, since you know that there are potential scammers out there, it is good since you will be on guard and ready.
:))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back