Starting new site for Torrent Project. Need Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

DL4all.PK

Dear W-J members,:wave:

I need your advice for launching new project ( TORRENT SITE ) what should I get for it? actually I'm noob and don't know much about it and my budget it not so enough, first I want to launch it on trial basis to checkout if I can bear all it's expenses by my own, if I can then I will go for bigger plans. I need your support and suggestions.

I know i'm gona start with shared hosting then will connect it with VPS but the problem is that i don't know about these things, I'll be very thankful.<3

Thanks

---------- Post added 3rd Jul 2013 at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was 2nd Jul 2013 at 07:40 PM ----------

Bump..

9 comments
Will it be a torrent tracker or torrent search?

Torrent tracker will need a vps or dedicated server since it needs certain ports opened and needs to be installed by ssh.

To actually get one up and running you need the backend setup and the front end setup (tracker backend and website to use the tracker and track torrents).

Then you will need 1-2 seedboxes to get the torrents going for your users.

But you can always just run a open tracker which just tracks torrents kind like what thepiratebay uses, but that needs a vps or dedicated server also.

You will need more knowledge to setup the tracker then just knowing how to upload a php file with ftp.

Loonycgb2 Thankew for the detailed info, I apprieciate your comments but dear I want to make private tracker, so this is how tracker should keep track Torrent's health and users won't rip off after downloading torrent and stop seeding it.

I'm New and learning things, can u please tell me what specs of VPS would be a good start for newbie? as i already mentioned my budget is not enough to purchase costly stuff.

I dont think its a wise choice wasting money on torrent trackers even if you have one which gets big its very hard to maintain them, even the biggest trackers struggle.. also there's no other way of profit apart from donations.

okie give an idea through out domain, ( PROJECT DOMAIN NAME IS ) FILMY.PK

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 AM ----------

BUMP...

First, read the rules regarding bumping before you get an infraction or ban.

Secondly, if you want to do something where you have no clue about, move on to something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back