Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris2k

Banned
Banned
Well I want to start a project, in Php, I think I know enough...

I'm thinking maybe another Whmcs like script, it will be limited for free users an you will be able to get piad license ofc.

Exact features, design, style etc. won't be the same and obviously I need a name for it....

Any ideas........ And what do you think......?

6 comments
Well you can try it for experience and understanding the language better.

Their are many billing scripts. Unless and until your script is unique many people, if not all, will choose to go with more renowned scripts. So if you have features in mind which are not yet found in any script then go ahead and make one.

I am not trying to discourage you but just telling you a fact :)

Chris well idea is super cool but it wont be as easy as u think for u to complete it. I am not being negative, I am just making u aware of the facts as i have seen u on the forum & i know how much u know(atleast i guess)

Ps... Just my views

That's a good idea mate. Have you worked on smaller PHP projects? Only start if you are really confident you can build it and continue to maintain it cuz you would have to work really hard to make sure your product sells, and more importantly stacks up against the industry leaders, which is going to be very difficult.

All the best anyway. ;)

Hi!
For starter: i don't think it is a one man project, there is just too many things to take care of.
A lowendbox provider (and i'm sure a lot others) have already changed their system to unique one, because whmcs has no real alternative for hosting (as i know). They have some functions that hosters would love to see but they are not really taking their time to code them. Also i heard that they had a few security holes that wasn't patched fast enough, or was never mentioned by them, leaving some hosts open to attacks.

So there is a market for such a product, but first you should code it for a hosting company (or more companies) and try it out, test it, etc, and after that you should make an available limited free version... also you should write a survey or simple emails to hosters about what they would love to see in whmcs, what does it lack, etc.

I'm sure they will post you some useful answers and you could write a more host oriented and flexible panel.

Good luck!

You know that WHMCS is not developed by just one coder?

You need to think about security in mind, since a leak can have enormous damage because you are working with sensitive data/payments.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back