Status
Not open for further replies.
12 comments
The problem is... the threads are already closed by another staff member, and other staff decide to just keep replying to it.

that and maybe a dozen other threads i see bumped by staff daily that are already closed.

Strong reading comprehension, bro

[SLIDE]http://i.imgur.com/mOyHX.png[/SLIDE]

And this is one of the many crisis's that are killing WJ, slowly. Staff members replying to closed threads should get them demoted!!!

I shall take what you have said into consideration and whenever a situation arises where I find a thread that has been closed in the past by a different moderator, I shall think of this thread and restrain my input/thoughts.

Oh... Wait...

[pokerface]

Whether or not I do it depends on each situation. Sometimes additional information is useful or even required to answer why the thread was closed or a vendor/provider is banned.

Other times it is just the need to express a view or opinion.

The fact is in some threads that are closed and no staff comments are added we get complaints and when we do add comments we get complaints.

In effect it takes a very short time to become insensitive to the whining, bitching, and moaning that seems to come with every staff action, especially when disciplining users. A very recent thread referencing me is a perfect example, but if no one does anything wrong how do they get warned, infracted, or banned.

I really hate it when staff decide to reply/bump closed threads.

No one else can reply to it. So why even bump it -_-

I'm not going to implement a "no bumping closed threads" rule for staff just because it annoys ShareShiz. Most people don't care; you shouldn't let something like this get to you to the point of "really" hating it.

As has been outlined already, there's a plethora of reasons why we sometimes do it. We're staff and we can do these things, deal with it. You remind me of Cobra and how he really really didn't like people quoting the post directly above (unnecessarily bloated the database). :P

Keep pet peeves out of the feedback forum please. I read over this section (in great detail) looking for things that would improve the forum for the majority. Next time you want to suggest something, ask yourself this: Does the majority feel as strongly about this as I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back