SSH Key Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

SplitIce

screengrab_20120819213211.png

Just a simple little program that makes it easy to setup key based authentication on your linux server. Dont blame me if your computer spontaneously explodes or anything like that. No warranty implied.

You can also drag putty shortcuts where the username and host are given in user@hostname format and it will process them with the given values (password & key) automatically.

Download: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/62365823/ssh-key-transfer/ssh-key-transfer-1.0.rar

5 comments
and this is why you've gotta love linux, *cough* ssh-copy-id, lol.

nice little idea for windows users though.

Yeah, but honestly I would still use this under mono. drag + drop putty shortcuts for 20+ hosts all done :) Took about and hour to develop, probably bout as long as a bash script would take though.

That and I always forget the copy-id syntax and have to look it up (cause you only use it when setting up servers once in a blue moon).

Yeah, but honestly I would still use this under mono. drag + drop putty shortcuts for 20+ hosts all done :) Took about and hour to develop, probably bout as long as a bash script would take though.

I'd personally rather do a rm -rf / than doing a mono app.exe and having a Windows 95 window thrown at my pwetty Linux DE. Microsoft's developer flytrap can stay in Windows :p. Btw, for native cross-platform apps I'd highly recommend Qt. Although it's C++ it's fairly similar to .NET's framework, a lot faster, looks good no matter what OS it runs on and nearly as RAD as C#.

</offtopic>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back