Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk how to use predb though. So I click on browse then google the first one on the list then upload then wait for it to go on rlslog?

You could easily set up a script to do this. Have a script on a cron job ever minute and as soon as it finds a new topic it adds your links so their added even when your asleep. It's not too hard to do. I could guarantee you the first reply on every single post as long as ye have the links ready.

Hmmm. How much would this be worth to ye?

Then you would need a script to grab the links to (prefferable)

How long time would it take to develop the script?
I think that should generate the value of the script.

Then you would need a script to grab the links to (prefferable)

How long time would it take to develop the script?
I think that should generate the value of the script.

I don't follow you "grab the links"? Don't you get the download links from a PreRelease site or do you get them from the site itself and quick remote upload them and then reply?

If you get the links from a PreRelease then you could have the script take them from your Rapidleech etc or you could post the links to this script and the script would check every minute until the topic is made on one of those sites and then make the reply with your download links.

If it's a question of leeching the links from the topic, remote uploading them and then replying that a bit of work. I wouldn't be interested in that much but again it's not hard. You could easily expand and modify something like Yawn's script to do that.

You could easily set up a script to do this. Have a script on a cron job ever minute and as soon as it finds a new topic it adds your links so their added even when your asleep. It's not too hard to do. I could guarantee you the first reply on every single post as long as ye have the links ready.

Hmmm. How much would this be worth to ye?

The problem is that most of them require captcha to submit.

That's why you should have brief installed and you should already have your links ready :)

Also the RSS feed is not always accurate. This morning there were things posted in rlslog.net and the rss feed didn't have them...

__

I managed to get #1 in 1 release log and #2 in other for the same file. This is what i got from that:

8qx97m.png

850s7b.png

Not bad.

Also the RSS feed is not always accurate. This morning there were things posted in rlslog.net and the rss feed didn't have them...

yeah you are right. rlslog have captcha and time limit. And rss is not much fast to be on first

I was not aware of that. That is an issue.

The rss feed is on a cache to save bandwidth on some sites. That's all. For those sites you'd only be guaranteed the first 3 replies but you'll still be number one most of the time as this whole idea and the FireFox plugin relies on the RSS Feed to.

But anyway. I forgot about the captcha. If it's a complicated captcha it's a lot of work to bypass it so forget it. Maybe it wouldn't work. I didn't think it fully through.

Instead of the RSS, you guys could use a firefox addon called "SiteDelta". This addon enables to scan a webpage or partial parts of a webpage (every minute just like the RSS addon) for changes.

If there is a change, a popup will appear in the bottom corner of firefox.

Use your imagination ;)

Instead of the RSS, you guys could use a firefox addon called "SiteDelta". This addon enables to scan a webpage or partial parts of a webpage (every minute just like the RSS addon) for changes.

Use your imagination ;)

RSS feeds are very quick and light. Scanning a page or a partial page is a lot more to download and puts a lot of extra stress on the site your visiting and it's server. I know if it was my site I'd have you IP banned fairly quickly. It's like a form of dos attack remember if a few people were to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back